Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if wrong area, wasn't sure where else to post.

Is anyone carrying one in a saddle bag? If so what are you using and how well did it work? I am looking into one and too many to choose from, so looking for a little advice. Pricing seems to run from about $60 at Walmart to numerous ones on Amazon in the $75-$110 range. They are about the size of a smart phone, might be good to keep “just in case” as they are cheap enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Micro Start XP10. Bought 2. We tested them at work. bigger than a smart phone but fits well in a saddle bag. I did put mine in a smaller carrying pouch to take up less room. We cranked several V8 trucks and they started on the first try every time.(they were in the crush yard for almost 6 months) Used mine 2 times for other bikers on the road. Ran my laptop for 2 hours on mine in an airport. The one I keep on the bike hasn't been charged in 3 months and still fully charged when I checked it Friday night. Bought both on Amazon. Not the least expensive but works well. It has attachments for anything you can power up.

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
I have the Antigravity XP1, and I absolutely love it, I have used it to start my bike, charge my phone, and also give a jump to stranded motorist. With the case it's about the size of a small tablet and a little thicker, easily fits in the saddle bag, I always have mine with me, well worth the $90 I paid for it.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Jumper cables are great but you need some help.
In all my years I have never been stranded with a dead battery without another vehicle & willing person in close proximity.

I have never had to use the cables with my scoot, but have helped other bikers on three occasions. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I have the Antigravity XP1, and I absolutely love it, I have used it to start my bike, charge my phone, and also give a jump to stranded motorist. With the case it's about the size of a small tablet and a little thicker, easily fits in the saddle bag, I always have mine with me, well worth the $90 I paid for it.

That's what I have. Have not tested if out yet

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought an XP-1 from Revzilla. I had some Revzilla bucks or whatever they call them... Haven't used it yet. Wanted it to charge our Scala Riders when we stop for lunch. And of course the peace of mi d of knowing I won't be stranded with a dead battery. Hope I never need it!

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,630 Posts
So... for those of you who have one of these... could you jump start through the tender connection? You know what a pain in the butt it is to get to the battery...
Try this prior link;

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=36627&highlight=battery+tender

And as for those who hope to rely on others and jumper cables, they probably take up as much space as the micro-pak (hey, why take cables at all; use your "reliable" acquaintance's cables or call AAA). The OP has it right; be prepared and rely on new technology. You could be alone with a dead battery in the middle of nowhere.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,014 Posts
I picked up the Pilot InstaBoost 400-Amp Car Battery Jump Starter from Lowe's for $99.00 shipped.
It's worked great every time I've used it.
Comes with adapters and a bag and is compact enough to fit in a saddlebag.
For what it's worth, I also have a pair of jumper cables that connect to my battery tender connector.
Mike U.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bought the x1 last night. Thanks for sharing info, guys.

DJ Terry Moran

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.