Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After using the KW for the past 2 months (3,000mls) I thought I'd drop in to my local dealer to see what demo screens I could try. They only had the 15" wind splitter.

I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam. My 15 RGS has a 2 piece CVO seat, which sits me back and down about an inch from stock.

Hands down the HD screen offers better protection, as well as less noise and buffeting.

So much for hips and lips.

I ended up ordering a plain 15 1/2" HD screen.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So you went with the 15.5" standard HD screen over the 15" Wind Splitter?

Was it personal preference or did it really make that much of a difference?

I started with the 12" Wind Splitter, but it took less than two days to realize I had gone way too low and my ol' lady was taking a beating as well. On day two I grabbed a 15" Wind Splitter and both the ol' lady and I have been very happy with it, but then again - I haven't tried anything else on the '15 RGS other than those two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 15" wind splitter from harley, a little too tall for me. Was thinking the klock werks might be better or going with the 12" splitter? Suggestions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you went with the 15.5" standard HD screen over the 15" Wind Splitter?

Was it personal preference or did it really make that much of a difference?

I started with the 12" Wind Splitter, but it took less than two days to realize I had gone way too low and my ol' lady was taking a beating as well. On day two I grabbed a 15" Wind Splitter and both the ol' lady and I have been very happy with it, but then again - I haven't tried anything else on the '15 RGS other than those two.
Unlike windsplitters for pre-Rushmore bikes, the 15" windsplitter is identical to the 15 1/2" screen except the upper sides are trimmed to give it the illusion of being molded, and it is a 1/2" shorter.

Dealer didn't have a 15 1/2" screen in stock, or have a demo for me to try. I just figured that the extra width on the upper sides of the screen would offer better protection than the trimmed windsplitter. If it turns out not to be the case, the dealer has agreed to let me trace the windsplitter profile onto the 15 1/2" screen so I can cut it down.

Will know once the screen arrives in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Unlike windsplitters for pre-Rushmore bikes, the 15" windsplitter is identical to the 15 1/2" screen except the upper sides are trimmed to give it the illusion of being molded, and it is a 1/2" shorter.

Dealer didn't have a 15 1/2" screen in stock, or have a demo for me to try. I just figured that the extra width on the upper sides of the screen would offer better protection than the trimmed windsplitter. If it turns out not to be the case, the dealer has agreed to let me trace the windsplitter profile onto the 15 1/2" screen so I can cut it down.

Will know once the screen arrives in 2 weeks time.
I got ya. I was just curious about the functionality and if it made that much more of a difference. Like I said, I've only had the two Wind Splitters on my ride, so I figured it never hurts to ask in case I decide to add another windshield to the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts