Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what, in the compensator, causes the nefarious clicking (sounds like valve taps, except on the other side of the engine)?

I just put in a 2014 Comp, and when I finished, it was purrrrrrfect. No noise, shifts were way better, everything was fine.

Then, I had to bust off the primary to replace a busted Shift Lever. I am pretty sure everything made it back in (only leftovers were the old sealing bolts), but now the damn comp is clicking. Clicks pretty much always, but really noticeable (and annoying) at idle.

I'd tear it open and fix it, but I would like to know what parts to look at. I am not about to open it up just to look, and I sure don't want to have to pull the comp/chain/clutch just to look without knowing what to look for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also have the click. Doesn't seem to get worse or better. Mine has 7000mi on it everything looks good. Just a bad design. Wish I knew what to do also.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Mine makes the same noise. Can't wait to get my Vulcanworks on. Waiting on some spacers to come in and then it's bye bye compensator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts