Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put the SE compensator, and the starter clutch on my scoot today. it was pretty easy to do. both the comp and starter clutch took me about 3hrs to do without a lift or jack. yes i was laying on the ground. my buddies lift was being used and didnt have access to my jack, dont ask. the first thing i noticed when i took her for a ride was it seemed to have a nice solid shift, and neutral was a lil easier to find as well. i would like to say thanks to this forum, i probably wouldve never figured out my starter grinding issue without taking it to the stealer. its a great experience being apart of it. again, i would like thank the forum and all the great people here for the info everyone provides.:)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Any tips tricks or pics for those who would like to take a crack at doing this themselves?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Congratulations on completing this upgrade!! It is one of the best upgrades you can do to your bike I am sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For general info - why are we doing this? :)
I was getting a loud bang coming from the primary when i hit the starter button. Along with the bang i was also getting a grinding when the starter would try to engage. I was told by several people here and dealers that the bad comp would cause the starter to grind upon engagement. At first the noises were infrequent, later in the riding season they would happen more often. Upon several months of researching the problem on my own (cuz money is tight right now) i was able to get the parts required at a discount from the dealer i use. I got the SE comp and the starter drive clutch and primary gasket for about $300. Like i said before the whole job took me about 3hrs to do on my back, no lift or jack. Right off the bat i noticed much more solid shifts and easier to find neutral. I will update when i get more riding time. Definitely worth the time and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts