Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '13 is at the dealer with a compensator going out under warranty. What are the odds of theM installing a Screamin Eagle vs a stock unit?

·
Administrator
12,393 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe the upgraded compensator is the SE , otherwise they would probably ask you pay the price difference between them ..

JtB

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but could you describe what was happening to make you realize it was the compensator?
I have a 2013 RGC I bought new and it has developed a loud 'clunk' sound sometimes when I shut down the engine and am wondering if that's the problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just that. Intermittent clunking on the left side when I shut it down and a rattle/ticking noise on the left side at slower speeds. I noticed it getting harder to start as well. It would turn over but wouldn't sound quite right and took multiple tas of the starter button.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the compensator replaced and the receipt shows a SE40100061 which looks to be for a 07-10 touring. SE42200064A seems to be the correct one for my 13. Hope they got it right. In any case the clunk is gone finally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Were you all experiencing in vibration along with the clunk? My '13 has what I can best describe as a tire with a flat spot on it type vibration that gets worse the longer you ride, and the trans seems to be getting "clunkier". The vibration stops when you pull the clutch in also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts