Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a well respected wrench who was Looking my bike over. Asked if I had switched from a compensator to a sprocket I replaced the compensator with a new S.E. model about 4K ago I have a 2010 RG custom that was causing problems he said he would do it. Remove and install a 30 tooth sprocket, chain and Baker attitude adjuster has any one done this Vtwin sells the set up and Baker has an upgraded adjuster as well.Any thoughts would be welcome... ride safe

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Vinnie, I'm running the Vulcan Engineering 34 Tooth Compensator Eliminator https://secure.vulcanworks.net/store/34T-Motor-Sprocket-Compensator-Eliminator-06-Dynas-07-Softails-Dressers.html
along with the Baker Armored Attitude Adjuster https://bakerdrivetrain.com/collections/2006-up/products/armored-attitude-adjuster?variant=39606989774
and couldn't be happier.
I also run Type F ATF fluid in my primary with no issues either.
I haven't had any issues since installing them and I have plenty of miles on them.

Mike U.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Met a well respected wrench who was Looking my bike over. Asked if I had switched from a compensator to a sprocket I replaced the compensator with a new S.E. model about 4K ago I have a 2010 RG custom that was causing problems he said he would do it. Remove and install a 30 tooth sprocket, chain and Baker attitude adjuster has any one done this Vtwin sells the set up and Baker has an upgraded adjuster as well.Any thoughts would be welcome... ride safe
Few other guys on here are running same as MikeU, with same results.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I went to Baker compensator and and it works great. I never went to a compensator eliminator but Baker make good products so you should be happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wouldn't going to a compensator eliminator be very hard on the crank and everything else? Its there to keep things from just abruptly stopping put extreme stress on parts.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
wouldn't going to a compensator eliminator be very hard on the crank and everything else? Its there to keep things from just abruptly stopping put extreme stress on parts.
I would say yes but as seen above ^^^^ ,it can handle it. . You also learn to ride with it, no lugging the engine ,not that you should anyways.
I've been lucky with my oem comp.. If I ever change out this is the change I'm going with .^^^^^^

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Never had a comp issue on any of my bikes. Never saw a reason to fix something that isn't broke (on mine anyway). Your mileage may vary

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
On my 09 softail custom the compensator was faulty. After searching around the web I knew it was a common problem. Harley did address this on the 2012s and up, but I was basically told it's not their problem. Anyways, eventually it ground up my starter and caused teeth to grind and metal to sheer off. That metal went places that caused other problems besides just an occasional grind on start. The engine eventually ran hot and caused the bike to go down to one cylinder after about 30 minutes of riding. . Had the tear down done by an indy. Starter and compensator was replaced amongst some other stuff. Bike runs like a top now, but the bill was pretty damn pricey.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts