Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD - Thanjks to the buyer and all those who expressed interest.

Complete aftermarket stereo set-up for sale for $625. Current retail is over $1350.

HW = Hawg Wired

Radio: Sony DSX-S210X with internal phone / iPod tray
Amp: HW RS400 Reference Series 400W Amp
Controls Adapter: HW HUA360 Harley Controls Adapter
Amp Remote Control: HW RC104
Speakers:
- 1 Pair of USED Hertz HCX 165 200W Speakers, AND
- 1 pair of NEW (never unboxed)) of the same Hertz speakers
Speaker Adapters:
- Pair of HW 6.5" adapter rings (all you should need)
- Pair of HW 6.5" spacer rings I didn't use
- Pair of misc 6.5 adapter rings I never used
HW install wires
Radio adapter and face plate.

Everything works perfectly.

So lots of pics to follow. I did a super deliberate job with the wiring to include; making them the right length for a clean and neat install, solid crimping, heat wrap over crimps, heat wrap to bundle cables, heat wrap to protect from friction, etc. The pics will tell the story.

Feel free to ask questions. I have several of the OEM boxes. I will package very well to ensure it arrives to you in good condition.

You can see the face plate surrounding the stereo.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics

These are the Hertz speakers. They sound EXCELLENT. The ultimate test for me is Black Sabbath.

Did you know Tony Iommi lost the tips of two fingers, before Sabbath formed, in a machine shop accident? He melted plastic to make new "Finger tips" and that is what accounts for his AMAZING sound. True story.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Pics - AMP

This is the 400W HW Amp. It comes with a RG specific mounting plate that makes for a a really clean and secure install under the fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Will you split it up? Interested in the amp.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Pics - Controls Adapter

This is the HW HUA360 controls adapter that makes all the handlebar controls work with an aftermarket radio. Check out the HW website for all the specifics. It works very well - just as advertised by the guys at HW.

In one of the pics you can see the HUA360 connected to the back of the Sony head unit. I took my time and did the wiring with great care. My crimps are solid and I used a ton of heat shrink wrap to protect the connections and cables. This will also save you a lot of time and having to figure out what wire is what - that's done!

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More Pics - Install Wires

Here's the required HW Ground Wire (Brown) and Power Wire (Red) with in-line fuse. The red power wire is more than long enough to be routed from the battery, under the tank, and into the fairing. It has a tough black sheath you can position between the tank and fairing for more protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Pics - Speaker Rings

One set of HW 6.5" adapter rings and one pair of spacers (which you shouldn't need) that come with the kit. All hardware is present and accounted for.

How to tell the difference:
Adapter Rings - my hand is not in the picture.
Spacers - my hand IS in the picture.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Neither my hand nor any hand is included in the sale of these or any other items. The hand is the sole property of Tytanium and shall remain in his possession (unless made a ridiculously good offer).

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More Pics - Head Unit Mounting Adapter

Adapter to make the HUfit in the factory stereo tray. Pretty simple and effective. It's the two white polymer blocks on either side of the HU and the black plate on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More Pics - the NEW Hertz Speakers

I had to cut the tape on the box to grab photos. Never even opened the box. I was going to expand and do a four speaker install.

These are the only items I would consider selling separate. We can talk adjusted price(s) via PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More Pics - RC104 Remote Amp Control

So this thing is used to fine tune the AMP setting AFTER you have the fairing back on (which acts like a sound box). This thing is a really good idea if you plan to do multiple (more than 2) speakers in the fairing or speakers in your saddle bags.

I made a whiz-bang "port" which I'll show in the next post.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More Pics -Whiz-bang RC "port"

So I wanted a clean connection point for the RC104 AMP controller.

In my left glove box I drilled a hole big enough for a 12V socket. Using a marine grade socket, I cut off the back and rigged up a coverable port for the cable that goes to the amp. It uses a phone jack believe it or not. I can then tuck that cable away, cover the port, and never have to see it.

You don;t have to do this. Mount it however suits you. Some may not be comfortable drilling a hole in the glove box. I have a DIY post on this forum from several years ago that will explain this very well - what drill bit to use, where to drill, etc. It's not hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More Pics - Misc Wires

Speaker wires already crimped and at the right length. Also pictures are misc wires that I capped with heat tube to prevent shorts & faults.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I am possibly interested in your system if it is still available, I will have a better idea after I open my fairing, I currently have a hog tunes system and a stock HU, the dealer replaced the radio a few weeks ago and on the way to work I had an awful burning smell then silence. I'll be opening it up tomorrow to see whats what, and let you know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am possibly interested in your system if it is still available, I will have a better idea after I open my fairing, I currently have a hog tunes system and a stock HU, the dealer replaced the radio a few weeks ago and on the way to work I had an awful burning smell then silence. I'll be opening it up tomorrow to see whats what, and let you know.
That sucks!! I hope it's a simple and inexpensive fix. Sorry to say that the whole kit sold between yesterday / today to another member.

Thanks,

T

1 - 18 of 18 Posts