Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding back from a bike show yesterday and just twisted the throttle and sounded as if I had a spark plug came loose! Pulled over to find my rear head compression release was gone. Has anyone experienced this? Can I just replace the one or better to do both?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got manual compression releases on my 113. Never had one come loose. I HAVE checked during off-season, and never had issue. If a shop did the install, I'd expect THEM to replace it. Loctite should have prevented that from happening. I don't see any reason to replace both- unless you can only buy a pair.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have run manual releases for a couple years in my 09. Never had one fall out, I have had the button fall off of one. Had to replace a couple for closing before the bike starts. I always use anti seize not thread locker. The threads are very fine and could be damaged easily. Just tighten them up good and snug don't go crazy. Also check the threads are in good condition in the head before installing the new one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I run s&s easy start cams you dont need a compression release with them
Although I've got the compression releases, I was still shredding starters. I swapped to the Easy Start cams as well. Problems solved. I still push the buttons on the releases out of habit. The bike's carbureted, so it takes a while for fuel delivery. With the RG in the stable, that bike doesn't get ridden as much as it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts