Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Cylinder Approx. 198, first photo after 15min. leak down.....

Rear Cylinder right at 180, second photo after 15min. leak down.....

EXPERTS: your honest evaluation. Oh, no error codes came up when everything was put back together and started up.

Thanks to all who helped me through this learning experience.......

Nevadasun

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean with the leak down time table, your using a compression gauge not a leak down tester. Are the pressures your posting the max numbers achieved immediately after cranking the engine with throttle body in the open position? A leak down tester requires you to pressurize the cylinder with air and then it will measure the percentage that escapes. An example of a leak down test would be stated in a figure such as 7 percent leak down.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
With that difference from front to rear (not horrible, but worth checking) I would perform a leak down test to determine what the percentage of loss difference is and where it is occurring.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Not real bad but you will have more loss in time. It isn't uncommon to have a bit less compression on the rear cylinder with the mileage you have. The extra heat the rear cylinder has may contribute to compression loss over time.
Did you check to see if the rings are the problem?? Squirt some oil in the rear cylinder and do the compression test again, if the compression increases than the rings are bad if the compression stays the same than it is the valves that are leaking.
Both are a easy DIY fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts