Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my (new to me) 2012 road glide. Had it about a week and started seeing condensation in the speedo.
I got the bike for a good price, and I know my bud wouldn't have done this if he had known. He did send them out to change the led lights in the gauges. So that's where I think the problem lies. ( prob bad seal)
It looks like my options are buying a OEM speedo off of HD for about $400.
Of course you look in the HD parts book. You can get a titanium face for $189, but the I have to change all the gauges to match @ about $700.
Don't really see anything (after market) that is nice.
Oh ya now there is a little condensation in the tach too!
what to do, what to do?????

Attachments

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on a new 09 RG and asked the dealer about it. They told me it can be common and HD did not consider it to be a problem.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My glide does this also; it dries out in a day or so.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it was because of the light mod as well.
I have had other bikes that get condensation in some of the gauges. And as most said it goes away in a day, or if on a ride.
But this is water in there (huge beads) that have not gone away since I got the bike here almost 2 weeks ago. Even though we have had no rain.
I guess I will just ride with it and then replace it when it does eventually die.

My '12 odometer gauge does it as well. I though maybe it was cause by opening it up to do the gauge light mod.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I never had condensation in my gauges so maybe I am lucky because I ride in the rain and wash my bike at the $.25 car wash all the time.
I order a metric gauge for a friend that was taking a road trip to Canada from Pc Pain and the price wasn't to bad so check him out for prices.
I also have a set of Dakota Digital gauges that I use at times and I never had a condensation problem with them either.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will check with PC Pain. Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of him.

I never had condensation in my gauges so maybe I am lucky because I ride in the rain and wash my bike at the $.25 car wash all the time.
I order a metric gauge for a friend that was taking a road trip to Canada from Pc Pain and the price wasn't to bad so check him out for prices.
I also have a set of Dakota Digital gauges that I use at times and I never had a condensation problem with them either.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that little condensation has grown. Went out to close everything down for the night. Looked over at my bike and the speedo light was on. Even though the ignition was in lock position, and no other lights were on. Grabbed some tools, pulled the seat off and disconnected the battery.
The next morning I went out, re-connected the battery, and everything was dead as a door nail.
Figured I just killed the battery. Put it on a charge and load tested it. It was a little low, but not bad.
I disconnected the speedo and tach. This was about 10 days ago. I am still seeing condensation in the speedo. not to mention some water out of the back.
Well I ordered a full set of titanium gauges, which will go on next week or so. (full set of titanium gauges are less than the stock speedo and tach) Since I am changing everything out. Decided to change ambient temp with oil temp.
I guess this falls under the..........."Its only money category".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts