Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had ordered SE premium tapered prs with my 103 kit(had harley put it together for me). Took a look at pushrods one night....dont look like adjustables. So, its going in tomorrow becasue it needs a tune and to have my adjustables put in. Tonight I thought I better look at another bike that has adjustable prs(same as mine)......THEY DONT LOOK LIKE ADJUSTABLES either!!! WTH!!

I even pulled the plugs and rolled both bikes over to see if the adjustments were just too low to see. And nothing! Did we both get screwed and have perfect fits?? Or are they adjustable and i"m doing something wrong? Shouldnt I be able to see threads and locknut and so on??? Very confused

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I'm not sure where you are looking, but pulling the spark plugs if that is what you are referring to will not show you anything with regard to the pushrods.

You need the remove the retainer holding the push rod tubes and lift up the lower push rod tube. This will expose the adjustable portion of the push rods if you have them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure where you are looking, but pulling the spark plugs if that is what you are referring to will not show you anything with regard to the pushrods.

You need the remove the retainer holding the push rod tubes and lift up the lower push rod tube. This will expose the adjustable portion of the push rods if you have them.

Haha,, sorry. I pulled the plugs so I could roll the motor over to look for the threads/nuts/adjustable part of pushrod. The pushrod covers were lifted up and at no time(when rolling motor over) did I see any place to put wrenches on any of the pushrods.

Whats confusing is that the bike I looked at tonight was supposed to have the same prs that I was supposed to have.....neither seem to be adjustable.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You probably got the perfect fit one perhaps?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You probably got the perfect fit one perhaps?

This would be my guess, and there's nothing wrong with them as long as they're sized right. Actually, there's a lot right with them, as long as they're sized right, which really isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
All HD engine kits come with perfect fit pushrods and that sounds like that is what was installed in your bike.
Even though you ordered adjustable pushrod and they are not installed the first thing I would do is LOOK at your part list on the sales receipt. If you did not pay for adjustable pushrods then the only complaint you have is that the dealer did not do as you requested.
If you paid for adjustable pushrods and did not get them you have to address the dealer with your concerns.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All HD engine kits come with perfect fit pushrods and that sounds like that is what was installed in your bike.
Even though you ordered adjustable pushrod and they are not installed the first thing I would do is LOOK at your part list on the sales receipt. If you did not pay for adjustable pushrods then the only complaint you have is that the dealer did not do as you requested.
If you paid for adjustable pushrods and did not get them you have to address the dealer with your concerns.
Its being addressed at this moment. Paid for adjustables.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Not only did they charge you more for the adjustable , the labor hrs got extended putting in the others ?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Haha,, sorry. I pulled the plugs so I could roll the motor over to look for the threads/nuts/adjustable part of pushrod.
Oops! Now that I read it sober that makes perfect sense. It's scary how bourbon can make you misinterpret. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i was right. Perfect fits. You can actually tell just by the covers. The adjustables covers are closer to the same length(which gives you more room to get at pushrods to adjust) whereas the perfect fits just re-use the stock pushrod covers(which are 2 totally different lengths)

Harley installed the adjustables today and eliminated 3/4 of the noise i was hearing. Back to enjoying the bike, and not being annoyed by all the noise.

Thx for all the help

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I get it now. If he would have said he was rolling/turning the 'Engine' I would have got it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I am kinda curious as to why you checked to see if you had adjustable push rods in the first place :confused: was it the bourbon that made you do it :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Adjustable pushrods allow the lifter to be loaded to the spec, the engine builder wants to see.
We use .140-.150" as our standard dimension to insure quiet operation at full operating temps.
Scott

1 - 20 of 26 Posts