Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing used grips without instructions, so I am confused on the wiring going between the bars. From the left grip there are two wires that connect to the right grip, through the bars. Confusion part . . . Do those wires have to connect into the black and white wires coming out of the fairing? I have a 2011 RG.

Need help on this Fathers Day??:surprise:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/122861?locale=en_US

Basically, there should be a set of wires coming out of the right (throttle) side of the handlebars that are not connected to anything. Those connect to the one connector that you threaded through the left side of the handlebar. The other connector that you threaded through connect to a switched power source. Can be the 12 Volt accessory outlet wires, or the accessory harness under the seat, etc.

Happy Fathers day.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have those installation instructions . . . but I couldn't follow.

So of course I have the three wires from the right grip to the power, ground and accessory. Then there are just two wires from right to left. It's that simple, correct?

Maybe the used one just don't work, at least I know now it's not me. This time.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I am only familiar with the Rushmore bikes, but mine like the instructions have two wire harnesses from the left grip. One set goes to power. One set connects to the free harness coming out of the right (throttle side).

Whenever working with electrical accessories, especially used, it is always a good idea to hook up to power and make sure they work before running wires and taking the bike apart.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my stuff fixed . . . THANKS twowheel for responding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts