Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I know there has been mention before about a meet and greet. So I figured I would get the ball rolling. Two things here: is there enough interest, so let me know. And secondly does Sunday work best for everyone if we do this?

This thread can be a good place to generate interest and to also plan out our meet and greet. My thoughts would be to meet somewhere in CT, central to both Western Mass riders and RI riders. We can meet and than take a nice ride out to a destination. All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

So, let me know if your interested and let me know if Sunday is a good day. Than I can throw out some dates and we can get this rolling. I think it would be great to put some faces to names and get together to check out each others bikes and have a few drinks.

Scott

·
Registered
828 Posts
Im in! The only weekend that doesnt work for me is the first weekend of each month. I have my CG reserve duty. Other than that, im good to go. Thanks for headin it up :cool:

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Alright guys I know there has been mention before about a meet and greet. So I figured I would get the ball rolling. Two things here: is there enough interest, so let me know. And secondly does Sunday work best for everyone if we do this?

This thread can be a good place to generate interest and to also plan out our meet and greet. My thoughts would be to meet somewhere in CT, central to both Western Mass riders and RI riders. We can meet and than take a nice ride out to a destination. All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

So, let me know if your interested and let me know if Sunday is a good day. Than I can throw out some dates and we can get this rolling. I think it would be great to put some faces to names and get together to check out each others bikes and have a few drinks.

Scott
since we pretty much live next to each other shoot me a PM if you want to meet up and kinda figure things out. Rob

·
Registered
958 Posts
Would definitely try to make it..........

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
since we pretty much live next to each other shoot me a PM if you want to meet up and kinda figure things out. Rob
Rob I will definitly do that. I'm good at setting up stuff, but planning routes and where to go, well thats not me. I'm more of a back of the pack with good tunes and a cigar kind of rider. :cool:

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Rob I will definitly do that. I'm good at setting up stuff, but planning routes and where to go, well thats not me. I'm more of a back of the pack with good tunes and a cigar kind of rider. :cool:
Yeah me too but i guess 2 heads are better than 1:)

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
How about something like this?
It's going to be hard to centralize around folks coming from so many different directions. I thought this because the coast of RI is nice and it can end at Foxwoods, for something to eating then folks can go off from there.
Just a thought to get the conversation going!

http://www.use.com/1c5ab9a71037d6e8fc0c

·
Registered
828 Posts
That sounds ok to me. Id like to head out of RI, but thats because I live here.:D Is the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret CT a central location. Its tough to figure central when you dont know the locatoin of everyone attending. Ill look through the attending responses for thier location and find a central location......if that what we all want to do.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gonekat have you ever been to the Niantic, Old Lyme area? How far a ride is that for you? There is a biker friendly bar on the water, good food and drinks....http://sunsetribs.com/home/

From the border of Springfield Mass its about a hour ride if we take the nice scenic back roads, maybe 40 minutes if we go highway.

The western Mass guys could meet a big chunk of the CT boys at Gengras HD in the morning. Its about 20 minutes from the Springfield Mass line. RI and some of the southern CT guys could meet in one location and ride in together. Just a thought, like you said I really don't know where everyone is coming in from. Just throwing some ideas out. Rlaf, myself, Philfltrx, and a couple others are pretty much 5 minutes from each other. So us meeting together is not an issue.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts