Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am getting the Kenwood 998 deck with USB on the back. Will run USB to glove box for 3.5 to play tunes. Do you use USB hub to have one USB for charge and one for 3.5 to play music? Really just want to use cables. I searched and it came up with Harley interface only. I know people are doing this. Currently use aux in front and cig lighter to charge. Really want to run all cables inside fairing, drill small hole in glovebox? and connect to 3.5mm for playing tunes and lightning for charging. Latest gen IPOD touch. Thanks folks, please don't flame me for asking a stupid question........

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks 09Sharknose - It is a new model deck I just could not find it in the specs. I'm just used to connecting via 3.5mm jack. So I can just use USB to lightning and the stereo reads it. Cool, thanks. Small hole with grommet in glovebox?

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is great info, as always from this site, as I am switching out my HD head unit this week for a Kenwood BT system. Tired of the 3.5 Jack breaking. We are putting a port through the glove box wall and will just Jack in using the Lightning wire. Planing on Bluetooth through the stereo and into my UClear comm unit (I always wear a helmet, so it made sense).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.