Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the bike is at the shop and there is alot of uneven wear on the cylinder and the top of the connecting rod is purple he said he never saw that before. Concerns are there maybe more damage now and possibly the crank will need to be replaced.

Oil pump is damaged now, looking for another if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
So the bike is at the shop and there is alot of uneven wear on the cylinder and the top of the connecting rod is purple he said he never saw that before. Concerns are there maybe more damage now and possibly the crank will need to be replaced.

Oil pump is damaged now, looking for another if anyone has any suggestions.
If the top of the connection rod is purple that thing got HOT and hot means no oil. Piston oil jet clogged? Check valve stuck? Man that sucks. You need to get your money back from that builder.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Deadstroke ~ been down the build road and feel your pain ~ S&S 124 is a cheaper option in the long run, and in my case the short run. Good luck ~ SemperFi

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deadstroke ~ been down the build road and feel your pain ~ S&S 124 is a cheaper option in the long run, and in my case the short run. Good luck ~ SemperFi
It was actually cheaper to buy all the parts then to by the motor. Now I dont have a 103 motor to sell but saved a few bucks :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
There may be a few options you can go with.
You can put in a Darkhorse crank with all the upgrades or you can get a Brand new short block from HD.
The advantage of getting a new short block is you get new cases along with new crankshaft, oil jets, oil pump, cam plate, all timing chains and gears, cam bearings, both cam chain tensioners, crankcase breathers and gaskets. The short block for the 96/103CI touring models HD part #16200070 is only $1,695.
You would need to compare the cost of just doing the crank and getting a new short block but with the other parts that come with the short block it isn't a bad deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts