Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When connecting amps does negative always go to negative on a battery for all amps or some negative wire goes to frame ect? To growing it?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Most manufacturers recommend a short ground to frame because they’re dealing with a car which has plenty of good and accessible grounding points. Most guys go all the way to battery because of bikes (especially older ones) having poor grounds. I’ve done both and never had an issue, but I go all the way to the battery more often than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Always ran it back to the Battery leads....Frame secondary or even as close to the triple trees...Battery is a sold point.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now my Biketronics BT4180 is connected to a radio screw I guess grounded to the bike but I’m going to be putting Cerwin Vega B54 Amps to runs my tweeters so should I ground same place or go to batter negative?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Explain the ground loop or should I say refresh me on it. And second I should attach a extension on BT4180 and move ground to the battery negative as well?

·
Registered
753 Posts
On the BT amps just leave the ground as is, especially if you're not having issues with fuzz or background noise. They have always come with the short ground wire and I've never had a problem. If you have enough wire run the B54 to the battery.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the BT amps just leave the ground as is, especially if you're not having issues with fuzz or background noise. They have always come with the short ground wire and I've never had a problem. If you have enough wire run the B54 to the battery.

I’m going to put the BT4180 into the saddle bag like they do amps in the CVO’s in back of saddle bag. So I’ll have to run negative ground wire to battery negative right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts