Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the internal wiring for handlebar took molex apart now the connectors wont snap back together. cant get the pin alignment/holder to set back in housing all the way.
Help

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Did the internal wiring for handlebar took molex apart now the connectors wont snap back together. cant get the pin alignment/holder to set back in housing all the way.
Help
Make sure all the pins are seated right and not pushed in to far also make sure they are not twisted. Be patient and don't force them. With everything lined up they will push together real easily. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had same problem and it ended up i had all the terminals flipped 180 degrees in the connector. Be patient they will come back out but can be tricky.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
This is where I had trouble too. If you put the pin in correctly you will hear it click into place. It will then be difficult to come out. Once you get the hang of one or two pins its a piece of cake. As has been said ... You might have to rotate the pin 180 degrees.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I had same problem and it ended up i had all the terminals flipped 180 degrees in the connector. Be patient they will come back out but can be tricky.

This is where I had trouble too. If you put the pin in correctly you will hear it click into place. It will then be difficult to come out. Once you get the hang of one or two pins its a piece of cake. As has been said ... You might have to rotate the pin 180 degrees.

I did this too, the pins are likely backwards which prevents the whole connector housing from going back together properly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had the same problem. Pins kept twisting. Take it slow partially assemble the lock and red rubber seal and the pins will line up better. At least thats the way I remember it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. Just had the same problem this afternoon and had a couple of pins 180* off. Helps to put the white plate in to the first notch to align the pins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. Just had the same problem this afternoon and had a couple of pins 180* off. Helps to put the white plate in to the first notch to align the pins.
Exactly this. Once the plate is in, then put them through the gasket seal in order first. Then plug them into the connector with the white plate seated in loosely. I don't know how folks do it otherwise.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Little tab on pins goes towards the center if I remember correctly.
As others have said, put the white plastic piece in only part way. It will click but you can tell it's not completely seated.
Then put your wires in, make sure all are straight and put in as far as possible.
Then push the white piece the rest of the way down until it clicks.

KO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts