Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering having Fuelmoto install their 107 conversion on my Road Glide. I am very interested in hearing from those that have had it done, especially high mileage people. How did it affect fuel mileage, engine temperature, and any other issues. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
If you have a 103" now I don't know that I would waste the coin on a 107". Take the money you would spend on the 107" and put it into some work on the heads and add some cams.

You shouldn't see much difference in fuel economy. The motor will run hotter. I would add an oil cooler if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I did mine last spring. Very happy. I've put about 7K on it since.

It does run a bit hotter because compression went up a bit (10.25), and gas mileage dipped a bit, but nothing terrible. Happy motor now!

777 cams, Fuel Moto jugs, no ported heads (until I get a chance to change from true duals to a 2-1).

Damn nice chart for what it is - comes on early, and stays on for a good stretch. A 23% gain in peak TQ, not bad, I'd say.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you have a 103" now I don't know that I would waste the coin on a 107". Take the money you would spend on the 107" and put it into some work on the heads and add some cams.

You shouldn't see much difference in fuel economy. The motor will run hotter. I would add an oil cooler if you don't already have one.

Agreed!!!!!!!! a set of heads and bump that compression and pick a nice cam. and you will be good to go. Get a set of FM's heads and the TW555 cams.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Powerful 107" engines have been a common occurance here since in the Evo days, when S&S was selling those to the now defunct chopper builders.
Titan, Big Dog, AIH, Illusion, etc, etc.
We'd pull those down, perform our Stage II work on those castings, install a Wood 9B, or 9F cam, bore the carb, install a Thunderjet, and Dyna or Crane ignition.
Most came in the door with either a Thunderheader, Supertrapp, or a Pro-Pipe.
Once tuned here, very common to see them hovering at/near 125/125, sae.........well over 15 years ago, prior to these message boards, and prior to others, even being in business.
Nothing new about 107"ers running good, or at least here.:)
Scott

·
Registered
985 Posts
I did the kuryakyn wild things cam's
There awesome. Almost exact same as 57H. Drago's offers a great product as well. The tune makes them even better. I got 99hp and 109.87 TQ. Brakes 100 at 2500 rpm and dont get below 100 till 5800
Its the best thing i've done. After cams all the power adds cost a ton more. If i decide i want more i'll go to a 124 from Dragos. Good luck and shiny side up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
528 Posts
Would do it again in a New York second. Motor runs smoother than before, gas mileage is the same unless dogging it...45-50. got 113/123 hp/torque.
Not to mention the fun..course the rear tire wears out faster.
See my signature below for what I have had done. Oh yeah, engine temp is the same as far as I can tell using the dynojet moniter.
the main dif I noticed is when you twist the wick at 65 to 110, just a super smooth and fast transition. :cool: Engine just runs so much smoother is the main thing that I espierience, not to mention the power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.