Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have several contrast cut parts but thier all small stuff like bag latches air cleaner etc. just a wipe with a cloth and they look decent. Although my friend has a contrast cut wheel and regrets buying it because of how much he has to clean it to look the way he wants. Just FYI for you. He's a bit if a clean freak though.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks Lexin. I need to get out and see some. I am wondering if I should just get a set of agitators and be done with it.
Have you looked at the Anarchy wheels? Don't know if you like that style wheel but they are a little different than most other wheels. The pictures on HD web site don't do them justice, they look much better in real life. I like how the brake rotors are open design to see more of the wheel.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Have you looked at the Anarchy wheels? Don't know if you like that style wheel but they are a little different than most other wheels. The pictures on HD web site don't do them justice, they look much better in real life. I like how the brake rotors are open design to see more of the wheel.
If you like the anarchy wheels gengras HD in CT is running a special on them. 800 bucks for front and rear.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I really Like the Anarchy wheels but they don't come in 19" If they did I might be sold. Heck I like the new enforcer wheels but everyone and their mother will get those stock LOL.
I'm fine with the looks of the 18", but I definitely agree that HD missed the boat by not offering it in 19" like the agitators.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I'm fine with the looks of the 18", but I definitely agree that HD missed the boat by not offering it in 19" like the agitators.
I know HD isn't a wheel company but if they got with the times and offered all thier wheels in 18,19, and 21", I think they could make a few bucks. Especially if they offer them below the wheel company prices.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Both are a pain in the ass to keep clean. Most contrast cut is just raw machined aluminum with a little bit of luster. Platinum cut is mirrored aluminum. Mothers polish or Flitz cleans them up perfect but if you don't like to spend to much time polishing and cleaning your wheels prolly not a good choice for you. If you don't take care off them they will turn a nasty grey/ black from oxidation. On the plus side they look amazing spinning down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both are a pain in the ass to keep clean. Most contrast cut is just raw machined aluminum with a little bit of luster. Platinum cut is mirrored aluminum. Mothers polish or Flitz cleans them up perfect but if you don't like to spend to much time polishing and cleaning your wheels prolly not a good choice for you. If you don't take care off them they will turn a nasty grey/ black from oxidation. On the plus side they look amazing spinning down the road.
You ain't kidding those looks awesome...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is the raw aluminum (or the whole wheel) not clearcoated?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
No clear coat. Raw aluminum that has been polished to a mirror finish. Platinum cut is a no brainer on these. It looks so much better than regular contrast which looks dull in comparison .

My .02. Take care of teh wheels and they will take care of you. That being said all wheels require proper care to stay looking new.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No clear coat. Raw aluminum that has been polished to a mirror finish. Platinum cut is a no brainer on these. It looks so much better than regular contrast which looks dull in comparison .

My .02. Take care of teh wheels and they will take care of you. That being said all wheels require proper care to stay looking new.
Such a true statement!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had the agitators.

and now have these:

Both Contrast cut. Both get dirty, but both clean up easily.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is the "contrast chrome" on HD wheels really chrome? Are they the only ones offering that finish? (it's hard to tell on the Renegades above)
Chrome is so much easier to maintain than polished aluminum; that seems like the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Platinum Cut all the way! I've had mine for almost 8 months and haven't put a wheel polish to it yet... but I can see its starting to dull so may be time to break out the Mothers!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts