Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed new Road6 customs Standard Apes, 11 inches. All the install went smoothly. I was out riding yesterday and decided that I would like to rotate the bars back and down about another inch or so.
The problem I am running into is this: The bars have all the holes and notched that match the original bars.
The connectors for the brake and clutch levers have a pin in them. This pin fit into a hole notched in the handle bar.
All in all, this hole and pin limit the amount of swivel room.
As I move the bars down, I want to move the whole control attachments up. That is to rotate them toward the top of the bars.
Has anyone ever knocked off those pins in the levels clamps to move the controls?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yes, I have knocked the pins off of the controls, and on the exact same bars, oddly enough. I put the part on a solid wooden surface, used an old screwdriver as a standoff, and hit it with a hammer. I was assured that it was a simple job, and it was. The pins break off clean. I may have licked the stubs with a file, can't remember.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

Yes, I have knocked the pins off of the controls, and on the exact same bars, oddly enough. I put the part on a solid wooden surface, used an old screwdriver as a standoff, and hit it with a hammer. I was assured that it was a simple job, and it was. The pins break off clean. I may have licked the stubs with a file, can't remember.
May I assume they are holding fast?? :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knocked off pin with hammer and big screw driver. Minimal filing.
Now that I have adjusted the hand controls, the angle of the banjo bolts leaves little room for the line curve before it hits the handle bars.
Is it possible to adjust the angle on banjo bolts without loosing fluid? Will I have to go through a bleed down process?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found out

Knocked off pin with hammer and big screw driver. Minimal filing.
Now that I have adjusted the hand controls, the angle of the banjo bolts leaves little room for the line curve before it hits the handle bars.
Is it possible to adjust the angle on banjo bolts without loosing fluid? Will I have to go through a bleed down process?
<--found out. just loosen a tad, move and re-tighten.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I was scared to snap off the pot metal pin. I hit it with a cutoff wheel. No problems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I was scared myself, but was assured by other forum members that they snap right off with a screwdriver and a hammer. They really do. I was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts