Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I want to drop money on convex mirrors. If it makes that big a difference then I guess it's worth the money. For all those that have them what do you think about them and what company has the best product for the price.

Thanx

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
+1^^^^^^
I been using the HD split vision mirrors on my bike for years and I really like them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Had HD split, works good. Down side they are opposite of most regular mirrors.

I have a set of Russ Wernimont Wide Angle Convex Mirrors. Can't say enough good things. They let you see directly behind you, I mean I see both of my antenna's. And I can see what most call the blind spot, 6' out and 2' back is still in the mirror.

You need to check them out for yourself. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had wide angle 3" bar end mirrors on my Goldwing. Great view, NO depth perception. You couldn't tell how far an object was behind you.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had wide angle 3" bar end mirrors on my Goldwing. Great view, NO depth perception. You couldn't tell how far an object was behind you.
Which is fine, because when you turn your head to look you'll know for sure.
Mirrors can only say no, they can never say yes!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
explain, are they like biker bi-focals or something?

near, far in a glance?

I removed my mirrors for about 6mo., forced me to look..

if they're over $40, I'm out..

looking is always better

sometimes a club, op will see that as weakness, the looking, but.. dot dot dot.. so is pavement pulsing..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Real happy with my RWD convex batman style mirrors in black $80/pair

·
Registered
440 Posts
Of course turning and looking is always good. But there are times turning your head is risky like in heavy traffic. I got the HD split vision mirrors but was disappointed. The convex portion appears to show me a smaller view of the exact same field of view as the regular portion of the mirror. Found some 2" convex stick on mirrors at Target and put them over the convex part of the HD split vision mirrors. Big improvement! Yes, the image in the convex portion is small and not always to be trusted. But generally you can keep looking ahead and keep up with vehicles overtaking you on either side without turning your head.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Love my hd split vision mirrors
They're good but there still is a slight blindspot thats not a problem if you're paying attention....if you haven't been paying attention you need to look before you move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts