Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a idea of the seating position of a Corbin dual touring seat. Does it move back from stock position down up ? I have a Mustang Summit now. In my 16 it moved me back at least 1.5 inches but on the 18 it seems it sets farther forward. Same bars as the 16 on the 18 and they are way closer to me. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Compared to the stock RGU seat I would say back and maybe the same height. I only use it in the winter for the heat or if my wife ever decides I am healthy enough to ride with me.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compared to the stock RGU seat I would say back and maybe the same height. I only use it in the winter for the heat or if my wife ever decides I am healthy enough to ride with me.

Thanks. How much further back would you say it sits ?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Ok now Im mildly retarded but I just looked at Corbins site and they are saying the duel tour will fit from 09 up to 18 models. I have the duel tour on my 16 and Im 5'6". It sits me back an inch maybe 2 at the very most. Im running 14" bars. I love the position and feel of the seat. I honestly dont know the difference between the RGU seat and the Corbin other then the fact the RGU seat is butt ugly but Ive heard some guys like it.

A link to a picture of me on mine and seating position. I hope this helps. https://www.roadglide.org/4260145-post17.html

·
Registered
4,390 Posts

I'm sorry, but I can't give a definitive answer to your question. I pulled the OEM seat pretty quick and swapped between the Corbin heated Dual Tour and the Harley Low Tour solo. My biggest issue with the stock RGU seat was that it was too soft. After 30 miles I would be sinking down to the pan. Now with the RG Special I mostly use the Low Tour seat because I like how I am more 'in' the bike instead of 'on' the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can anyone give me a idea of the seating position of a Corbin dual touring seat. Does it move back from stock position down up ? I have a Mustang Summit now. In my 16 it moved me back at least 1.5 inches but on the 18 it seems it sets farther forward. Same bars as the 16 on the 18 and they are way closer to me. Thanks for the help.

stock seat = bars too close, windshield a little too high
Corbin = bars just right, windshield just right

Corbin is hard but somehow I can comfortably ride all day.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess I will find out. Bought a heated dual tour. Thanks for the information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts