Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my Corbin Dual Touring seat after only 3 1/2 years of use, for the money I expect more. I have had other seats last much longer without the cost. I did contact Corbin and they said that they would repair it for $400+ after I ship it to them. By the time I do all that, I might as well buy a new seat. Now, this is not the first Corbin seat that I have spent the money to purchase, but it will most likely be my last. I also tried to contact customer service through the website and got no reply at all...So much for custom service.

This is just posted as food for thought as you decide on buying a new seat.

Ride Safe!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks like you didn't use leather conditioner regularly. Both of mine on different bikes are well over 10 years old and show little wear with over 70,000 miles on one and 35,000 miles on the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Sometimes the negative of using leather outweighs the positive.

More maintenance, care, and protection from the elements required.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conditioner was used pretty regularly and it is always stored indoors when not on the road. I had a couple of other Corbins and they got the same basic treatment and I didn't have an issue with them, so I would say the treatment works. Maybe this seat was not up to their normal quality, so then why should it cost (total cost) me about the same to get them to repair it as what it would cost me for a new seat?

Not impressed, mostly with their customer service or lack of.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
corbin has been generously sponsoring events before many even sat bitch on a seat.
Don't think it's on them if you pack a truckers wallet or have a boil the size of a baseball or uneven cellulite on your sweet cheeks.
Most any a poltergeist shop should be Abe to mend that^, more conveniently

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've had my Corbin recovered once in 100k by an apolsterer but I wouldnt trade the extreme comfort of mine for the pain of breaking in a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
BamBam, I see by your profile that you're in SE Michigan. There's a dude in Pinkney that does a fantastic job recovering seats and only takes a week or so. With winter coming up and riding time coming down, you should check him out. He recovered a HD road hammock for me for around $200. He can effeminately hook you up cheaper that the folks at Corbin, and you save on the shipping! Here's his contact link Bad Ass Bike Seats

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Sorry to see yours is not holding up, but I love my Corbin and my ass loves it even more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Corbin has a program where they will rebuild your seat for 50% of the cost of a new seat. Not saying that will make it worth it for you but I found that they dont always mention that program when your inquiring.

As for the brand. I have two and I love them. Would not ride anything else.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
:grin: Don't you love spell check/correction? That, or someone might expect a favor.

If that's the case, personally, I'd look elsewhere, but for some saving money is saving money!
you're so right! make that "immediately" not effeminately!

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,150 Posts
Happy so far with my Corbin, but I don't have 3+ years on the seat.

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Damn. That does suck. Im with Hullhorr on this one. My ass loves those Corbin seats. Weve got 8 yrs on one, 7 on another and 5 on 2 more and I can honestly say they only get better.
I sure hope you get some type of resolution. Their customer service has always been stellar for me, both on the phone and at their Daytona store.

Reactions: Smarty

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Anyone recommend a good conditioner? I just purchase the ostrich Corbin tour. I'm definitely wanting to take care of it.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Well after 3 1/2 years you are out of the warranty period so you either have to bite the bullet and send the seat to Corbin or go to a local upholstery shop and have them recover the seat. You cheapest option is the local shop. That's the problem with leather it has a tendency to shrink and most seat manufactures usually don't make a 100% leather seat. Most of the time they use leather /vinyl combination to help with shrinkage.
I don't have a Corbin seat but I went to the factory in CA once and I talked to Mr Corbin himself for about a hour and he is a real nice guy to talk to, so maybe you need to call Corbin's CA facility and see if you get somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Anyone recommend a good conditioner? I just purchase the ostrich Corbin tour. I'm definitely wanting to take care of it.
Ive only used the one that Corbin sells. I believe the last time I bought a bottle it was 10 bucks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lexol leather conditioner. Accept no substitutes. You can get it at Tractor Supply or here:
https://www.amazon.com/Lexol-1013-Leather-Conditioner-1-Liter/dp/B000637TNM?ref=bit_bds-p10_serp_ie_usnat_link&tag=bds-p10-serp-us-ie-20&ascsubtag=1ba_0_spk_000-os-device-browser-localeTest-testApp-custom:A|custom:B

I have leather Corbins on three of my bikes, and a leather HD "Rallyrunner" on my RGS. One of the Corbins is 12 years old. Sun, rain and washings don't bother them, never any problems if I treat with Lexol twice a year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts