Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use 4 of these speakers in the Fairing using either the PBR300X4 or 300x2. Is there a way to wire them in Series or Parallel so one of these amps could be used? There 2.7 ohms each so which amp would give each of them the most wattage? The PBR300X4 is 75w per channel 4ohm stable only, While the PBR300X2 goes down to 2ohm. Can someone please explain to me the right way to wire these puppys if its even possible, So I wont burn anything,,,Pictures would really help..:D

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
2 sets of 4ohm speakers wired parallel to 2ohm draws the most power from the amp if the amp is 2ohm stable (PBR3002)

2 sets of 2ohm speakers wired to series draws a 4ohm load from that same amp in a more conservative fashion, should still be loud though

series is + to - between two speakers - someone on here had a real good diagram

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I wire them in series, would that mean 300 watts in total going to all 4 speakers- 75watts for each speaker? Would that be enough to power the MM651? They are 100w a piece.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
headroom

RMS wattage is usually a range

doesn't sound like you'de be under powering them by much if run in series.

that is the reason I went with the 2 sets of 4ohm speakers run at 2ohm, very evenly matched power, bang for the buck

although I wanted the MM's more based on specs

based on the lack of complaints about the MM series I'd say they're a winner.

my polk db's even sound great with hawg wired crossovers, which was a one time accident, but it tells me polks are deficient to some degree in that area, but otherwise great speakers

it might take a while deciding what works and how it will go.

I set up a working bench lab, at one point to try different stuff, and take
measurements, never got the MM's at the time, because they were backordered and ended up with hawg wired, which are point on, needed a set of "dummy" speakers to bring down the ohm load, used pioneers, just to
cut the holes, and just left them in there.

maybe just start with one pair of MM's and go from there.

add a second amp later?

what is your setup??? or future plans

just four for now?

it's doable, you just want to make sure it's as loud and clear as possible?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts