Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid for a CORS oil removal kit (from 2 Arm Cycle Works Co.) in November. And have sent them emails , left voice mails with no response. Guess i'm luck that it was only 20 some bucks. Does anyone know of a another place to get the same kit ?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I never heard of it, exactly what does it do, and how does it work?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

U

·
0 Posts
AKA a Scavenger oil removal kit. Removes about half a quart of oil out of you bike.

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

U

·
0 Posts
Removes remaining oil left in bike after oil change

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CORS oil removal kit

I thinks CORS means "contaminated oil removal system." And I did notice that the web site was off line. I decided to get this system after reading about it on our forum. Some of the other systems are much more expensive. I will try to find the same kit elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hj wjw , just picked up your link while seaching this subject . i spoke to 2 arm and the guy said he wished he could get this product because he'd sold a bunch of them in the past but the company that made them is out of bussiness ! i was lucky , i got him on the phone . the only conclusion i can come to after reading about your emails to them is that they are thieves . you may post this email to warn others if you like .
fxdxfxdx...........

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sucks but........

hj wjw , just picked up your link while seaching this subject . i spoke to 2 arm and the guy said he wished he could get this product because he'd sold a bunch of them in the past but the company that made them is out of bussiness ! i was lucky , i got him on the phone . the only conclusion i can come to after reading about your emails to them is that they are thieves . you may post this email to warn others if you like .
fxdxfxdx...........
It sucks that it seems you got screwed but I am going to tell you, you got saved some aggravation. These things were made out of some kind of plastic and the center of the thing was threaded and was supposed to screw on after you take off the oil filter. It has a nipple on the end of it on which you slip on a hose that ends up in your drain pan. The idea is after topping off the oil tank, you fire it up and run it till clean oil shows up, remove the CORS and install new filter. Top off oil tank again and you have a total oil change. No old oil left in the engine. The problem is, the hole in the unit that received the threads was oversized and the threads were too shallow and when you tightened the thing down (hand tight) it would fly off and oil would go all over the effing place! I contacted the guy who marketed the CORS ( lives somewhere near Cleveland.. really nice guy actually) and he sent me a new one free of charge......no better than the first one! I have since modified one of mine with the base of an oil filter so it would seal tight and not fly off. Works great now!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Now you got me thinkin about this gadget. If I was running an oil cooler, couldn't I install a tee in one of the hoses, place a ball valve w/nipple and hose, and run it until "clean" oil comes out and then close the valve ?

Hmmm.........me thinks it might work.

Peace

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now you got me thinkin about this gadget. If I was running an oil cooler, couldn't I install a tee in one of the hoses, place a ball valve w/nipple and hose, and run it until "clean" oil comes out and then close the valve ?

Hmmm.........me thinks it might work.

Peace
Should work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts