Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gone riding
Countdown thread? Alright lets make it like a roll call for attendees. Tell us what are your final preparations? Checklist? Did you test pack your stuff yet and if so take it for a spin around the block to make sure the load is balanced. Now go through all your stuff and see if you really need to bring every thing you packed. Service your bike. How is the rubber? Map out a route or use a GPS. Post a shot of your bike loaded with your gear.

See you there....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Counting down myself! cant wait! My load is always balanced! LOL! I believe we are going to have a great time. I ran into a road glide custom at the bar tonight,saw him coming out and had to tell him about the forum. I had to tell him about gettsyburg. He had some questions and i told to check us out. So George, hope you came to check us out here............. You will enjoy.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8 days to go

8 days to go....
Loaded 900 songs on my i-pod and road tested the holding capacity of velcro. Now need to find a little baggy for protection from the weather but probably won't need one:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I won't get pumped until the weekend when I start sorting gear. Followed my route from Illinois to Gettysburg on Google Earth and it looks like nice rolling hills (once you get out of the 'corn belt') most of the way. :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Are we there yet? Paint is not back from the painter. Dealer cleaned the bike while the tins are off off, because he knows it will never be that clean again. Left the Cee Bailey install kit, and X-trim fairing gasket in the glove box. Tequila Bars are back from the powder coatist and hanging in the garage. Been riding the tires off the Dyna. Hey, Are we there yet???

·
Registered
128 Posts
Trip Planning

I've got route planned and mapped, using super slab most of the way as this just the beginning of my vacation. After shark Week going to Bath, Me, Bangor, ME(the long way), Marcellus NY via Montpelier, VT, Charleston, WV, Delonaga, Ga via the dragon and then home. Already have packed and tested, everything raedy set go. I wish it was next Wednesday alraedy. Lets rock and roll.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7 days

7 days to go...
traced the route out with google earth to help spot some of the turns at intersections and see what kind of traffic I can expect. I think I've adjusted my route a half dozen times now but I'll try to stay on as much slabs as I can to avoid traffic through towns. I have 10 hours of riding here to there so the only sightseeing will be from the saddle.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've been on the road since Saturday. I'm going to do some more touring before heading for Pittsburgh. Before I left I dusted off my packing list, checked inventory, added new things and deleted things I don't need anymore. I'm going to do some camping, so I packed the tent and sleeping bags in a Seal Bag.​

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm itching to go but the last minute stuff just keeps piling up!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6 days

6 DAYS....
Emptied my saddle bags, tour pack and glove boxes to take stock of what needs to stay and what needs to go. I got to say there seems to be a lot of junk piled up on the floor that I don't need in there. Really, 4 pairs of sunglasses? And one of them; I don't know who they belong to.

Next wash the bike REAL well and check it over for anything unusual, worn or in need of tightening. Maybe even a coat of wax. Not that I expect it to be shiny clean for you guys at the rally but it is a great opportunity to find something loose, broken or worn out.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Going in to work for my last day before my vacation starts.
Will be leaving for USA tomorrow morning with the Little lady.
Spending:
2 nights in MA (B&B The Allen House)
3 nights in DE (Rehoboth Beach) via ferry ride from Cape May NJ
Then meeting up with you guys on Thursday night for supper in Gettysburg PA.
Woot woot!
Will be taking stock of stuff tonight and packing up the bike.
Still need to review my routes but mostly will just point her south by south east and roll ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Spending:
Woot woot!
Still need to review my routes but mostly will just point her south by south east and roll ;)

You guys be safe & we'll see ya Thursday evening!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
ouse)

I've been on that ferry, awesome ride. Gets a bit windy sometimes. Don't forget to check out the million dollar (US) houses on Cape May.

Looking forward to meeting you, and giving you an in-person thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Finally got my fuel map completed. Third times the charm. Should change out some fluids and start rubbin her down, checking for 'when did that happen'. Then its proper use of boyscout knots to hold down the door prizes. Ive contacted santa on the right way to do it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spending:
Woot woot!

Safe journeys Peter and GF and we'll see y'all (southern drawl) in Gettysburg Thursday, eh!

oh and +1 on vacation, mine starts today as of 4pm. woot woot is right.

ENJOY THE RIDE

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got my fuel map completed. Third times the charm. Should change out some fluids and start rubbin her down, checking for 'when did that happen'. Then its proper use of boyscout knots to hold down the door prizes. Ive contacted santa on the right way to do it.
Aren't you pulling a trailer? Be careful out there.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.