Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Don't want to jinx anything but just Checked the weather forecast. All I can say is SUWEEEEET!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am exited, living on Sunday to SeaCoast HD in NH for an oil change, after heading to Utica NY for a night stop and to Niagara Falls on Monday for 2 nights, Wednesday heading to PA for Canoli run with Hutno and gang:) I empty my bags and clean them for unnecessary stuff ready to be packed tomorrow. I calculated a little over 950 miles to Gettysburg with my Niagara reckon, l got to remember to get T shirts from SeaCoast HD to trade, see you all soon.:D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
5 days to go...

5 days to go!!!

Saturday morning and I'm working on my list (that would be the honey do list) because I don't want to miss anything. As for a list to pack with, I don't bother. I have found that no matter how much fore thought I put into things I need/don't need, I still miss stuff. So I'll just go by what I have room for and need/don't need.

Ride preparations; give the bike a bath and wax. By the way I just noticed my rear tire is real smooth almost dragster slick smooth:eek: Best get some rubber before I leave. This would be one of those expenses not counted on for the trip.

enjoy the ride....

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Changed the oil last night. Checked the tires. They have over 5000 miles on them and they still look new, no problems there. Need to check the other two holes just to be sure, but no spots on the garage floor (at least none I did not make myself :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
162 Posts
Changed the oil last night. Checked the tires. They have over 5000 miles on them and they still look new, no problems there. Need to check the other two holes just to be sure, but no spots on the garage floor (at least none I did not make myself :rolleyes: )
I'm trying to decide weather or not to change oil. I have just under 2000 on last change but was going to switch to synthetic after 4000. Sure would be nice to have the good chit in for the high temps though. Thinking I'll head to Auto Zone in the morning for some Mobil 1.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
4 days to go!!!!!!
Screw it I'm going riding today. Call it saddle conditioning for the long ride days. That will also give me time to think through my lists.

Hellbender
Consider riding with the dino oil to Gettysburg and having it changed there. There is a independent shop nearby or go to the Battlefield HD. Maybe they'll change the fluid for you while we're eating at the BBQ Friday afternoon.

...git yur motor runnin'....head out on the hi way....looking for adventure....hmmm hmm hmm hmmmm...(humming)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good idea, but I'm packed and everythings ready to rock. I need somthing else to get into. ...and whatever comes our way...ya darlin gonna make it happn ...mmm mmmmmh.....

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
4 days to go!!!!!!
Screw it I'm going riding today. Call it saddle conditioning for the long ride days. That will also give me time to think through my lists.

Hellbender
Consider riding with the dino oil to Gettysburg and having it changed there. There is a independent shop nearby or go to the Battlefield HD. Maybe they'll change the fluid for you while we're eating at the BBQ Friday afternoon.

...git yur motor runnin'....head out on the hi way....looking for adventure....hmmm hmm hmm hmmmm...(humming)
good idea... I think I'll see if I can get my changed there as well...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ride ready

Just had all fluids changed, new rear tire, cables lubed and all ride safety stuff checked nothing loose but bolts in MY head, I am ready lets go !!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Checked the tires. They have over 5000 miles on them and they still look new, no problems there.
I have 16,000 on my tires and still have plenty of tread. Looks like this is going to be the first time a read tire outlasts the front tire! Will need tiires and brake pads when I get home.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jezzle pete, what tires are you running?
I've gotten 1400 out of a front tire but never anything near that on a set.
I did change my oil today, I ran almost 3000 mls on traditional in my new RGU.
Plenty of miles for break in, and swithed to Mobil 1. checked the bike out front to back.
I'm ready!

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
Lymey is washed, all the chrome is polished, waiting to be waxed.
Frankies RK has decided to back out of Sharkweek, clutch issue. Not enough time to fix it so the RGU will be acting as its stand-in. Gotta get it all purdied up. New bars will be here Wed so hopefully we can get those installed before we leave Thurs morning.

·
432 Posts
everything is packed.... but i feel like i am missing something cause my tourpack is completely empty and i still have some room in my saddlebags... maybe it's my boy scout days of packing tightly... tell me if i am missing something

-Left Saddle bag
Tool pack (general stuff with extra nuts bolts, zip ties, shift linkage, knife)
Duck Tape (fixes everything!!!!)
HD shirt for tee shirt swap
Flip flops
Rain Jacket
Various cables for charging stuff
Towel
Extra Mix CD if i need a change of music

-Right bag
Straps (various for all the stuff i am going to win or buy and tell my wife i won thanks TracyB :D)
Quart of Oil (I think this is overkill and an old habit from my old Evo but it helps balance out the tool pack)
tripod
Extra Sunglasses (clear and dark)
Toiletry kit
Tablet PC
cable lock (for locking my tp to my bike if needed)

-TourPac
Bug spray/sunscreen

-Leather roll siting in the passenger seat
4 days of clothes
Camera and lenses

-Fairing glove boxes
Bike cover
Extra Gloves
Shower cap for air cleaner (if the bike gets left out in the rain overnight)
First Aid kit
Rags
Bandanna and backlva

- On me
Boots, gloves, jacket, 3/4 helmet, iphone

So what am i missing???

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
everything is packed.... but i feel like i am missing something cause my tourpack is completely empty and i still have some room in my saddlebags... maybe it's my boy scout days of packing tightly... tell me if i am missing something

So what am i missing???
Sharkweek schedule & ICE forms?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
3 more days

Packing my tour pack 'top bag' and checking that the straps on it are secure, the quick disconnect mounting hardware is tight and no other loose bolts on the saddle bag mounts. Also check my new adjustable backrest for loose bolts and no pinched cable or wires.

After a good thorough wash yesterday I may even have time to wax it. At least the windshield and faring. There were some tough bugs on there hard to get off! Oh yah and while washing/drying it I found some loose screws. Not in my head this time, on the cone cover.

3 more sleeps

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.