Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hell, I left a week ago. My bike is filthy, I'm filthy, and I'm absolutely beat. Can't wait!
You know there was a short cut through Missouri right? But it meant cutting through Council Bluffs again!

Ride safe because were looking forward to hearing some more of your stories in G-burg.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Are we there yet?
Just two more sleeps TracyB, are you excited to see all the shiny RoadGlides in one place?!?

Today I head to the indy shop for a new rear tire. While I'm there I'll change the oils, lube the cables and really give it a good look over with my mechanic. I'll also take the oprtunity to adjust the hiway pegs a bit since I changed the seat I'm sitting slightly different for some reason. A few days ago I picked up one of those tiny pressure pumps (wanted one since '05) and adjusted the air pressure in my shocks. Dropped psi from 15 to 10 and noticed a big difference. Before with the wife on the back and loaded for touring I felt the bike bottom out only once or twice and she's not big. Now I can pump it up and hopefully get some better performance from those shocks.

Played the route out on mapquest, gps, google earth and even the old fashion paper kind. Still not 100%set on the route but lots of options. The problem with lots of options is more opportunities of getting lost. But thats what touring is in my mind and what better way than on a RoadGlide.

enjoy the ride

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well Im loaded and fueled up. I did my routine packing yesterday which included taking out things, then adding things, only to end up with 'why do we pack so much sh$%?' and 'how did we do this last time?'

Now I just have to fake the work day, pretend Im interested, and give the illusion 'thats great'. All the while Ive already got my middle finger extended to routine life in the pursuit of adventure.

All ride safe.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I'm heading out tonight on the first leg of my trip. Got packed Sunday and drove to work yesterday for my last 24 hour shift before the rally. Long day and night but its over and I'm ready to go. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I'm heading out tonight on the first leg of my trip. Got packed Sunday and drove to work yesterday for my last 24 hour shift before the rally. Long day and night but its over and I'm ready to go. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Safe ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wife is in OH with my glide on a trailer getting 5k check up. I hope nothing crazy happens! She was nervous about taking it but we really had no choice. I told her she could just ride it up there and not have to worry about it coming loose but she didn't think that to be a good idea.

Can't wait, 1 more day of work then to Pitt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
T minus 12 hours

Washed, waxed, & packed except for shower crap. Top off in AM and northward I go see y'all Thursday evening.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well this is it man . I'm passn out in a few and will be up and running about 4:00 on the scoot and dn the road before 6:00. Ya'll be safe and we'll see you in a little bit!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
i can't sleep

one day to go....

....this is it. The day I'll pack, load the bike and cut my grass. The dry hot weather here at home has been most favourable for stunting lawn growth but the shady patches need cut. I sure hope it follows us all on our migration to G-burg. I'll also sort the blue bins today for wifey to make it easier for her on garbage day (thoughtful of me...hehehe).

I bought a fresh tube of sunscreen that I better remember to put in the bike along with my camera charger. I'll pack just enough clothes to get me by a few days with plans on doing laundry at the Ironhorse Motor Cycle Lodge http://www.ironhorsenc.com/. Hope the thunderstorms clear out of there by the time I arrive the day after sharkweek ends.

It would be cool to get a group shot of all the RoadGlides gathered in pack with us standing in front of them. Maybe one of the house keepers TraceyB hooked us up with can snap the pick from the second floor or something. That would be so cool!

see ya'll there real soon...
safe journeys

·
432 Posts
breakfast and on the road!

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
I CANNOT wait. Got a few more things to finish up tonight then heading out about 4am Thursday morning. I know Im not gonna get a lot accomplished here at the office but its at least keeping my mind busy...lol
We'll see ya'll tomorrow evening. Everybody ride safe!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.