Road Glide banner

Counting down the days :)

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  sammis 
#1 ·
Hi All

So I bought my bike on 7/16 and I've been waiting for it since then.

So the dealer sends me the attached pic yesterday. Now I'm really chomping at the bit!!

sammis

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: dwsmith
#5 ·
Congrats, that is going to be fun. I hope you have some remaining vacation time.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks Everyone!

I've been planning this out for almost a year, once I heard that the Road glide was coming back.

I did all the work to get credit fixed, etc...

It was a great feeling when the salesman said that the loan was approved without any issues.

It will be even better when I drive off on it! :grin::grin:

another pic:

Attachments

#10 ·
You'd think after 30 some years on a bike I'd remember the difference between drive and ride, thanks for reminding me! ;)

#13 ·
Countdown is over, picked up the bike today. I'm beat after a 8 hour ride home but it was worth it!

Anybody need a bike in Tennessee, go to Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville, TN. Great customer service, pricing, etc...!!

#18 · (Edited)
Hi All

Finally got picture resized.

This bike with the 120ST engine is incredible. I rode it ~330 miles back home, up and down a few mountains and even a little super-slab.

At no point did I come even close to using 50% of the throttle. In fourth gear doing 60mph, just twisted the throttle up to about 40% and got to 80mph in seconds.

Will post Dyno chart in that thread in just a bit. Initial numbers with a break-in tune are 116HP and 118TQ.

https://goo.gl/photos/f7ziCVM2oA91xvHM9

:grin::grin::grin:

Dan

#21 ·
I got everything that they took off, so engine, air cleaner, pipes.

I already have a buddy who was looking at an engine rebuild and he's now going to buy the engine from me. I have another one who is interested in the pipes.

So I'll be able to defray some of the cost of the new engine, but nowhere close to break even ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.