Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of pics of my new tank...test fit time before squirting some epoxy sealer. I used POR tank sealer on the inside. Going to run it to the upholstery guy near my work to see if he can mod my Mustang seat to fit. The Danny Gray is really to hard for long rides but I like it for running to work and around. The wife will not sit on it...says it is too small for her!! So hopefully the Mustang will work out. Then the whole bike is supposed to be changed to PPG Torch Red with flames in 3 weeks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mustang is done...I like the looks of the Danny Gray but the Mustang is a riding seat!! Now this is a Mustang 1 piece super tourer. The DG would beat my lower back on the roads here with no cush i it. I had them narrow the wide butt feature a little over 1" on the sides and trimmed the nose and lower sides to fit and flow with the tank. I think they did a pretty good job. I also missed my backrest with the DG.
Oh and still no RED yet....playing the waiting game with my painter.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
That looks Great!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What bags and side covers are those?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The bags are V Twin Mfg #49-2667 here is a link..
http://www.vtwinmfg.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VTwinProd5_10101_10102_3316371_-1_141351_141924_141925_141926
check around ..I got a better price on ebay with free shipping.
The side cover are from Mutazu ..link..
http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=119&menu=Harley Davidson Parts&product_id=519&s=prod.php
excellent fit..just make sure you set them forward enough to clear the bags. I got the black ones and they clear the adjustable passenger pegs perfectly.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tank looks great and your seat guy did a nice job on the Mustang. Wifey should be happy with that!
She's happy and so am I, but I still like the DG seat and no t/p for just cruisin to work and running around.

Still waiting on the painter!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts