Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work nights and my bike sits outside A LOT. I live in Michigan, and the bike gets covered in dew every night/morning. I never cover it, but have considered getting one. Just wondering if others cover theirs when it sits outside at night. I don't own one, but plan on getting one for when it sits in the rain. I've been pretty fortunate for the last two summers I've owned it to avoid it sitting in the rain. Sooner or later, my luck will run out and it'll sit in a monsoon. Lol!

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
I ride to werk every night year round and when I get off the sun is up and the dew is gone , but I always cover the bike at werk regardless of the weather forecast , just habit , I had one of the black Harley covers that was almost white from being faded by the sun , took a lot of years to do that , but that Tour Glide's paint looked new when it was fifteen years old ..

JtB

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to cover it up. I bought a cheap walmart bike cover for when I'm at my girlfriends condo. There I don't have any place to keep it indoors. It cost me about $20 about 6 years ago and it's still holding up nicely. It's thin enough to fold up and stick in your saddlebag when you go to work. It keeps the rain off my bike when its at her place

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sage advice. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I found the harley half cover to be the answer, easy to put on, covers the area that you need covered without wormhole for it to cool off. I've had a few cheap ones but they don't last. Going on my 3rd year with this one and still in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.