Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Paul jr cover from Walmart $30.00. Best cover I’ve ever bought still going strong.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I used the H-D outdoor covers for a sportster & Electra Glide ultra for about five years with no problems.

·
Registered
840 Posts
First had a Nelson Rigg. The elastic broke in the bottom, they sent me new elastic under warranty. After the replacement elastic broke, I bought the HD cover. Been using the HD cover for the last 4 years-4 days per week at work. No problems.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’d like to throw something in here that I think would be helpful to a lot of us. We always see marketing photos of bike covers, but seldom on our Road Glides. I wonder if we could help this poster out by sending some photos of your favorite covers while on the bile. Let’s see how good some of these fit, for example, a Special vs an Ultra. Half covers. Full covers. So many times I want to buy a cover but never know how it will look on my RGU until I have it bought.

Reactions: junker

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’d like to throw something in here that I think would be helpful to a lot of us. We always see marketing photos of bike covers, but seldom on our Road Glides. I wonder if we could help this poster out by sending some photos of your favorite covers while on the bile. Let’s see how good some of these fit, for example, a Special vs an Ultra. Half covers. Full covers. So many times I want to buy a cover but never know how it will look on my RGU until I have it bought.
that would be, not just for me, but it would help everyone make a decision.

·
Registered
840 Posts

As it sits in sig pic-12" windshield and chopped pak. Highway pegs are extended out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Like the looks and durability of Tri-J's cover. It just seems like it would be bulky to travel with. Mine sits in the garage when home. For me personally, I use the H-D day cover. It works great on trips as it does not take up much space and rolls into its own attached bag for packing. I throw it on when parked in garage to keep dust off and on trips, it is very handy to keep looky-loos away and keeps that morning dew off the seat and rest of bike while parked overnight. It is pretty lightweight and not for keeping dry from thunderstorm rain. But if I was worried about my bike getting wet when I am out on a ride, I guess I wouldn't have a bike.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
If the Cover that Tri-J has is the HD Roadglide Cover I have the same one for over five years and it works great.
It rolls up fairly small and fits easily in the saddlebag.
I used it daily on my commute to NYC and liked the fact that you can also put a Cable Lock through the front cover and front wheel.
Since I no longer have a daily commute I use it while storing my Glide in my Speedway Cover.
I recently purchased a TES Cover but it hasn't arrived yet, it should be shipping by the end of the month.
I'll post some photos when it arrives.
Here's a link for those interested. https://www.tesproducts.com/
Mike U.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don’t know if this will suit your needs, but the Harley half cover is an outstanding cover. Looks great on a RGU, and can accommodate both antennas if you choose to leave them on.

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,075 Posts
I've been using an inexpensive WalMart cover for 4-5 years now without issues or regrets. It folds up small and I wanted full coverage so that nothing really shows except the bottom of the tires and the kick stand, and there's no HD logos. I purposely didn't want an HD cover due to cost, but more importantly, when my bike is parked at some hotel I don't want it to shout out "Here's a Harley, steal this one first!" I figure the less they know about what's under the cover, the less chance of them targeting my bike. It's for that same reason that I wanted one with full coverage more or less to the ground ... so they couldn't see the custom wheels on it. I know a guy who also has a generic cover for his SG - he went even further by purchasing 2 Kawasaki decals and stuck on each side of the cover, further camouflaging the fact that's a Harley is underneath. Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm with you on not advertising what's under the cover. Had a 2011 CVO RGU ..NEVER used the cover that came with the bike because of the huge embroidered CUSTOM VEHICLE OPERATIONS on the front of the cover. BTW...can you put that Walmart cover in on the bike right after parking when it is still "hot"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts