Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've been around bikes a long time, but have never heard the term "COW BELLS". What are they? Any PIC's?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
"upper fork covers" is what the moco calls em.just changed mine,along with the "lower sliders" and monotubes.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The stock horn cover is called a cow bell because it looks just like a cow bell. I see people on forums call the upper fork covers cow bells but I have no idea why because they look nothing like cow bells.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Back in the '70s or early '80s, I learned that a "cowbell" is a stock horn cover. I can't remember for sure when the current style horn cover was introduced but the "beer cans" (or simply "the cans") are fork covers and always have been. As stated above, just look at them and it's obvious why they got those nicknames.

How the terms get reversed continues to mystify me but then I'm stuck with what I learned first too.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm glad someone else asked this question because it's been befuddling me too, but I didn't want to be the one who asked. I've always known it to be the horn cover as well but it was obvious that's not what people were referring to.

Let's start a new incorrect description and start calling the upper fork covers "ham cans". LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts