Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my bike in for an exhaust leak. I need so if they currently have on it are the Vance & Hines power duals with the high output slipons. They say that the head is cracked due from aggressive leaning to the right side that the pipe is hitting the ground. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem and if there is a better exhaust that rides a little higher. I currently have the 254E cams and high compression pistons along with the screaming Eagle race tuner. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Cracking used to happen a lot with Samson exhaust, happened years ago to mine and two of my other friends with Dynas. Never heard of Vance & Hines cracking or never heard of that reason.. Is it the cross over pipe that sits lower or is it rear muffler touching? Muffler is only gonna ride as high as the mounts under saddlebag brackets, maybe a smaller diameter slip on if you don't want it to scrape. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
If you look at pipes like Drago's Dragula, they ride a little higher. At the same time they cover some of the trans cover from a side view , which I don't like the look. I guess it depends on form or function or just don't lean that far over anymore like me. :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have Bassani road rage 2-1 on my 11 RGU and the bottom of the head pipe heat shield is all ground down from leaning. That's not what you want.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
1,068 Posts
Did it look like this???

Repaired:

I have the same setup you have. It's not so much dragging the X-Pipe, as I have a hard time getting out of some parking lots without dragging the right muffler when I go through the gutter. That is what is causing the major damage to the Head Pipes for me. I do drag the X-Pipe, but that is just scraping and bending the heat shield. I periodically take that off, straighten it out, and repaint it with high temp BBQ Paint.

There was a thread earlier in this forum about the V&H Power Duals vs. the FuelMoto JackPot head pipes. Even though I am a fan of the V&H pipes, I think my next set will be the FuelMotos. They just seem to be a better made set of pipes.

Need Advice Jackpot Head Pipe or V&H Power Duals

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My Jackpot 2-1-2 cracked at the cross-under clamp by the transmission.
Fuel Moto stands by their products with a lifetime warranty for the original owner. Kudo's to the staff and Brian for their professional handling of my issue. I am now waiting for the replacement to arrive so I can swap them out and get back on the road. Hopefully the new header will not crack.:eek:

Some pictures of how it looks.

Scoop

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.