Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this happen? I was cleaning the bike today and noticed that the rear plastic pc around the rear fender has a crack. Going to call Harley tomorrow and hopefully its covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'll be curious how they handle this. I discovered some small but nevertheless rock chips on the edge of a saddle bag 2 months later.

I didn't lay it over, so clearly it was laid over by some shop schmuck and probably never reported, who knows. I don't expect much but I am going to mention it when I take it in for the 1000 mile svc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Friend of mine had same thing happen to his Street Glide. My dealer took care of it under warranty. Even though it wasn't where he had bought bike.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That part vibrates so bad I lined the bottom of it were it meets the fender just above the tri bar with some heavy duty black velcro (just the loop) no more rattle worked great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on this, I went to my local HD shop where I got the bike. They came out checked it was cracked looked to make sure I didn't hit anything told me to hit the road and they'll call when the new part comes in. All covered under warranty just expect it to take 1 to 6 weeks on painted parts. I really like this shop, they have been really good to me plus everyone is nice and really professional.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I bought my RG from there when it was Govers HD have nothing but good to say about them,they more than took care of me on warranty issues,that's why i told Mike15RG aka my son to go there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts