Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on the tune for my 103 with 57h and Dragula. Having an idle flare issue with the map I'm using. When it starts up cold it's immediately at 2100 rpm then drops down to proper 1400rpm. Trying to deal with it and can't figure out what table in WinPV to mess with.

Is there an equivalent table in WinPV for Crank to Run (TTS table).

Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need to add a comment. I'm thinking IAC is the same as crank to run, but maybe not...

My IAC steps are set exactly the same between the two maps (current new map, and the previous map). Previous map/exhaust combo started at about 1600rpm and immediately went to 1400, unlike current combo.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm working on the tune for my 103 with 57h and Dragula. Having an idle flare issue with the map I'm using. When it starts up cold it's immediately at 2100 rpm then drops down to proper 1400rpm. Trying to deal with it and can't figure out what table in WinPV to mess with.

Is there an equivalent table in WinPV for Crank to Run (TTS table).

Any suggestions welcome.
This is probably not the solution, but it was mine. I shut down the engine once before the idle settled down. Then when I started it, it would race over 2000 rpms, the PV showed the throttle percentage was open ( not 0%). I believe I looked in the shop manual and it said that might occur if you shut it down while engine running at high rpms. The solution was to recycle the ignition switch from off to on 3 times. After that it worked fine.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chivo for the response. I don't think that's what I'm hitting. The logs show the throttle position is initially @ 16% and drops to 8% in 2 seconds.

This is a new map which I'm tuning (with autotune) because of an exhaust chance.

It may be auto learning because I'm thinking the very first startup on saturday was higher than 2k rpm...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks Chivo for the response. I don't think that's what I'm hitting. The logs show the throttle position is initially @ 16% and drops to 8% in 2 seconds.

This is a new map which I'm tuning (with autotune) because of an exhaust chance.

It may be auto learning because I'm thinking the very first startup on saturday was higher than 2k rpm...

02-26-2009, 03:51 PM

LH

Prospect
Garage is empty, add now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy to do ...
Don't touch the throttle .. kill switch in the run position ...
Turn ignition switch on, wait for engine light to go off, turn ignition off.
Do this 4 times, then start the engine. This resets the computer.

Note: when shutting down the engine make sure it's at idle. Don't blip the throttle, and don't shut it down on cold idle. The computer remembers the last rpm at shutdown and sets the idle to that.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chivo - My understanding is the reset applies to situations where the TP gets screwed up and causes a high idle issue. My idle speed is perfect, this is only at start up.

This mornings update, looks like the ECM is learning. Cold start up this morning, initial RPM didn't go above 1800rpm and I made no changes. Kinda weird

Thanks Joe for confirming the table. Is there a way to avoid this type of start up issue when starting with a completly new map? Does the TP reset play a role in this? When comparing yesterday and todays logs the TP was at 16% for a shorter time, .5 second yesterday, .250 today. Guessing it was at 16% for 1 second on Saturday.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Idle is adaptive based on several objectives. Every time you reflash or reset learned idle trims it needs to relearn, and upon doing so it may likely idle abnormally high (or low) or it may hunt. It will take some time and several run cycles to fully level out. I would not adjust any of the IAC tables until you get the VE's and timing set where they need to be or the system will be chasing its tail a bit.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that explains that. I guess I've seen this behavior before, but associated it to changing maps completely and then fixed by tweaking and fiddling the knobs. You know, using Mad skillz hahah <pop!> apparently not. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While working with my PV this evening found there was a new update.

Coincidentally,
- Crank to Run
- Crank to Run vs Temp

I only had IAC Warmup steps prior.

Also Idle Spark Control Gain & Max tables.

Didn't change anything, just saved autotune results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts