Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering an Andrews 57H cam but will more camshaft (meaning more torque and HP) risk crankshaft scissoring?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
No! Your crankshaft will be just fine. Just about every 88", 103"and 110" HD touring and non touring models have a cam mod done to the engine with no crankshaft issues.

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
Any time you add torque & hp to the stock bottom end your rolling the dice. Like Mark said tho, many have done it problem free.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I believe the crank problem after increasing HP & TQ is often rider abuse. Having that extra juice can make you push the motor harder and ride different. I certainly blame myself for some of my woes after reflecting back.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The Moco will never admit to attending to those issues(What issues????), but yes, they have, and installing a cam in a late model bike won't fubar the crank, at least from what we've seen here.
When these T/C engines were advertised in all the cycle magazines they were touting the cranks to be a whole new level of tough, but the bolt-togather assemblies of the Evo days have historically proven to be a better design from our standpoint.
Tapered, keyed, loctited, and nutted seemed to stay put.
Scott

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The Moco will never admit to attending to those issues(What issues????), but yes, they have, and installing a cam in a late model bike won't fubar the crank, at least from what we've seen here.
When these T/C engines were advertised in all the cycle magazines they were touting the cranks to be a whole new level of tough, but the bolt-togather assemblies of the Evo days have historically proven to be a better design from our standpoint.
Tapered, keyed, loctited, and nutted seemed to stay put.
Scott
Absolutely!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts