Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders
Is there any speakers that can plug and play on the 15, tired of speakers blowing I am now on my 5th set of tour pack speakers, front never blows. Hearing so much about other options is stressful. I wanna go the cheapest route first then increase.

Thank :surprise:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
09sharknose.

Head unit and no amp

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Crappy Speakers

J&M has speakers that are plug and play. I realize you stated low cost and go up and J&M are not the cheapest, but they will handle an AMP if you decide to add one later. So if you might add an AMP later, you may want to consider speakers that would handle the added power. I have the J&M speakers and have never had an issue with them. I am running a Hawg Wired RS400 AMP which gives me about 200W per channel.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
JBL 6.5 3 way speakers are probably your best option for not spending much money and having a more durable speaker. They aren't any louder, sound quality/improvement over stock is negligable...YMMV

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Not sure how on earth you've blown 5 sets of speakers bro! That's something you might want to take a look into. Your head unit isn't overpowering any speakers. It only puts out 25w/ channel. As long as the impedance matches up with your head unit (2ohm), you should be able to use any speaker that fits into your pods. Do you have an ultra or did you add tp speaker pods?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
What size will the TP pods accept ?

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Not sure how on earth you've blown 5 sets of speakers bro! That's something you might want to take a look into. Your head unit isn't overpowering any speakers. It only puts out 25w/ channel. As long as the impedance matches up with your head unit (2ohm), you should be able to use any speaker that fits into your pods. Do you have an ultra or did you add tp speaker pods?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No Ultra's in 15

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
09sharknose,
I have a special, with no mods on audio. The stealer(dealer) put the tour pack speakers in, I suspect a short somewhere. What happens is , there is no or very little sound that come out of a speaker. One time it's the left then the right. They also told me that my highs were gone. I don't turn it up full blast, the bass is defeated , I use my iPhone on reduce treble, plugged in. I say blown cuz, that's what they say. One pair blew b4 I left the parking lot. Only the rear ones, the front is fine. Everything was installed by the dealer. So I just ordered the JBL 0638 from Amazon at $55. Will update.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just curious, are 5 sets of crappy speakers less expensive than 1 set of good speakers?
Good point but bike just hit a year this month, and is still under ESP warranty. So it's no cost to me, just time consuming. So technically I won't have to buy any till 4 years from now!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JBL 0638 speaker amp

Riders
Is there a p&p amp that will go with these speakers. Any special stuff needed like a flash or whatever? Just asking, trying to get bike ready

Mahalo :wink::wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts