Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the HD auto primary adjuster in and replaced it about 7000 miles ago , with the Hayden auto adjuster , had a little comp rattle before the swap .. The last couple weeks the comp had started rattling really bad at shut off and was hard doing a hot start ..

Having ESP , I decided to go in and pull the Hayden and replace with the standard issue and take it in this weekend and let them swap it out with ESP ..

Well one week of hot riding , stop and go and a good mix of it all , no comp issues at all :surprise:

Go Figger ..

I have deducted that with the lube issues , it is a good idea not to put 32 oz in the primary like I and many others have been known to do , now I fill it up to right at the derby lip ..

If this continues , I think I will at every oil change , pull the primary and pull the adjuster and reinstall , resetting the adjuster fully back , figure maybe doing that every five k instead of letting it go for ever and constantly tightening , may help some ..
JtB

· Administrator
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ESP has some clauses in it regarding modifications .. So they could claim the Hayden as an unacceptable modification or some such and deny the claim .. Not a real issue with me , the bike has been out of warranty for two and a half years .. I don't know if or how Magnuson Moss approaches something like ESP ..

I never had an issue with the clutch slipping before with a lot of fluid in there , not saying some don't ..

JtB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.