Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to head out in the evenings or on the weekends when I have some spare time and "cruise the vistas" (Red Foreman).

Wind Therapy mixed with agriculture, I am no green thumb by any means but have a deep appreciation for the people that grow our food and keep our countries bellies full. I've started this thread so that others who share in the same interests can post and document their rides, just for the hell of it.

Only rule is that it has to be rural! If you happen pass by a "Roadside Attraction" such as the largest ?, by all means post it up!!

This photo is from Monday's ride down to Vulcan, Alberta where they have adopted a "Star Trek" theme to attract tourists to their sleepy little prairie town. Very well done replica. Also I noticed after crusing "downtown" that their streetlights down there also were mini Enterprise models as well, I should have taken a picture of those too.

Calgaryglide

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,472 Posts
I may be heading out to your crops early next week, planning my Iron Butt ride now. Will loop up in BC to Edmonton, then down to Medicine Hat; so I won't have time for pics on the way down, but will hopefully grab a few on the way back.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Tonights crop tour included a little pitstop at the local coffee chain outlet in Innisfail, Alberta, heartland of beef, barley and canola country in Alberta. Pitstop included about a 5 minute scrub of the windshield and headlights of the bug carnage.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably the last crop tour of 2020, harvest is 99.9% done. Found 1 field of canola today still in the swath, must have been forgotten about. Great day to finish it up, 70F today and dry. Wound up in the heart of the Canadian badlands, Drumheller and took a picture of Tygger2 with the World's Largest Dinosaur. During tourist season you can climb up to the observation deck in his mouth, but not today.

Today's route:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport
Recreation Extreme sport Art

·
Super Moderator
4,316 Posts
What a great looking day to ride Troy. Glad to see you were able to get out. Thx for the cool pics.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Tonights crop tour included a little pitstop at the local coffee chain outlet in Innisfail, Alberta, heartland of beef, barley and canola country in Alberta. Pitstop included about a 5 minute scrub of the windshield and headlights of the bug carnage.
View attachment 417731
I can’t believe I rode thousands of miles through western Canada without stopping at Tim Hortons even once lol

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,782 Posts
I can’t believe I rode thousands of miles through western Canada without stopping at Tim Hortons even once lol
Shit there is one about every 4th corner I am surprised you didn't stop at one by accident. Hell you may have and didn't realize it, some Tim Hortons are disguised as gas stations. 😀

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Shit there is one about every 4th corner I am surprised you didn't stop at one by accident. Hell you may have and didn't realize it, some Tim Hortons are disguised as gas stations. 😀
True, saw them all over. I may have been to one without even knowing it maybe lol. I guess it’s your version of Dunkin Donuts, only much better

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today's crop tour with Big Jack and Lil Johnny. No crops to see, definitley some snow on the ground. Latest I've ever ridden into December around these parts.

Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Fender Motorcycle helmet

·
Super Moderator
4,316 Posts
Nice !!

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2021 Crop tours have begun! Not much to see other than some big equipment finishing up spring seeding up here on the northern prairies. Weather tonight was not that great but rain is coming and that's what's really needed. Several small towns along tonights route have water restrictions in place already in the middle of May!
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hello Folks,

Been busy for awhile and finally had some time last night for some wind therapy and photography. @Jacksprat56 I even found some corn growing up here in the Great White North.

Enjoy the photos folks.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Land vehicle Tire Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here's the map for last night's tour!! It's just so hard to find curves our here on the big prairie.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,782 Posts
Glad you got out Troy. That first pick really shows the folks at home what we are dealing with for roads when you say it is hard to find curves lol. If you would have went a bit more east riding around Drum is some nice scenery.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hello Folks,

Been busy for awhile and finally had some time last night for some wind therapy and photography. @Jacksprat56 I even found some corn growing up here in the Great White North.

Enjoy the photos folks.

View attachment 429553 View attachment 429554 View attachment 429555 View attachment 429556

Here's the map for last night's tour!! It's just so hard to find curves our here on the big prairie.

Thanks for the mention Troy, loved ALL the pictures; your bike is gorgeous! Can't believe I haven't seen this thread b4 which means I'll follow it. Looking forward to the pics to come. Enjoy your summer travels :coffee::coffee::coffee::ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you got out Troy. That first pick really shows the folks at home what we are dealing with for roads when you say it is hard to find curves lol. If you would have went a bit more east riding around Drum is some nice scenery.
Wife's extended family is from Wayne, Alberta, get out to the Drumheller area several times a year. Always gotta have at least one meal per riding season at the Last Chance Saloon in the Rose Deer hotel. Will take time to take more pictures next time I'm out that way. I particularly like the Drum Rodeo Grounds at close to Sunset on a summer night. The light on the east banks of the valley is just awesome those nights. I'll be sure to keep the local federal prison out of the photos. Wouldn't want to trigger any flashbacks for some of the crowd here inside the forum LOL.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts