Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Glad you got out Troy. That first pick really shows the folks at home what we are dealing with for roads when you say it is hard to find curves lol. If you would have went a bit more east riding around Drum is some nice scenery.
I looked at both maps and thought, this reminds me of central Indiana, north -south, east -west; an occasional curve but not often :giggle::rolleyes: Would still like to make a Canada run some year b4 I kick the bucket; I'm sure there's more to it if I traveled the entire width.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,499 Posts
I looked at both maps and thought, this reminds me of central Indiana, north -south, east -west; an occasional curve but not often :giggle::rolleyes: Would still like to make a Canada run some year b4 I kick the bucket; I'm sure there's more to it if I traveled the entire width.
You need to head my way , Jack. Our roads will wear out some of your tires' chicken strips.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The fun parts to ride are on the coasts, with Northern Ontario and the south shore of Quebec being not too bad. The prairies are boring straight road they put a curve in here and there intentionally to keep you awake. BC in the interior and on the west coast are awesome as well as Vancouver Island. East Coast is pretty spectacular too, haven't ridden done there yet, toured around in a car and motorhome and always said I would like to ride a motorcycle thru it!!

Troy

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,782 Posts
Yep they weren't thinking of us bikers when they made the roads in the Prairies lol. We have a bit of everything up here though, BC has lots of great roads. I haven't been to the East coast but the pictures sure look good.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,499 Posts
I rode my Honda Magna all the way the St Lawrence to Perce Quebec when I was 18; that road up is amazing for it's views and corners. Wore my tire down to the threads on the way back, needed to get one done at a shop in Ottawa. Just so happened that Triumph was just starting back in Canada and they had a demo truck with several bikes at the dealer that morning. They asked if I wanted to demo bikes while I waited? Well, that was their first mistake. The guy leading the small groups was awesome - he had only two rules: don't run a red light, and keep up to me. Ripping the new Tiger through Ottawa past the Legislature is a fond memory.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You need to head my way , Jack. Our roads will wear out some of your tires' chicken strips.
Where abouts are you located ? I'll pm you and @calgaryglide when I'm ready to head north !!!!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Now that sounds like a decent trip, one could put a pretty good dent in their bucket list.
Might have to start "Mapquesting" it like I did my '16 cross-country USA trip; spent 5 years on that one! Probably would have been longer but it actually came to fruition (?) WOW, where did that word come from? :rolleyes:o_O:coffee::coffee::cool:

Reactions: Zedbra and direwolf

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Wednesday night Crop Tour,

Playing with the camera again tonight. Learning alot from a book recommended to me by Stray Mutt. Still very smoky out here on the prairie but I'd rather deal with the smoke than the fires themselves. Got to convert the file format of last nights pictures from .NEF to .JPEG. New tricks for this dog!

For @Ike Burns here are a few shots taken near Drumheller last night. The first 2 are of Horseshoe Canyon, picture 3 is from the Orkney Viewpoint. The young bucks are just after I left the Orkney Viewpoint and looking east back to the river valley. I hid behind a round bale in the ditch to get the photo! They were looking to bolt as I pulled over the bike!! The picture of the bike was taken when I went to get back on it. Turned around and thought wow take that picture! The power pole and sun were just as the sun was setting behind some clouds. You can really see the smoke in all the shots!

About the crops! Bloom seems to be off on all the Canola or now very sparse, you sure can smell it later in the evening. Peas will be ready within days in most places, wheat and barley are all over the map, some ready to go, some still green like grass in May. Saw some wheat I think that was straight cut. Even saw a couple fields of Flax, very very low to the ground.

Calgaryglide

Here is the map from last nights tour, nothing spectacular. Shell Gas station(Deerfoot) to Kathyrn

Sky Bedrock Mountain Slope Natural landscape
Sky Bedrock Plant Terrain Natural landscape
Water Sky Natural landscape Plant Plain
Sky Horizon Grassland Singing sand Dusk
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank
Sky Electricity Overhead power line Dusk Afterglow
Ecoregion Map Golf Rectangle Wood

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I guess I know one spot your taking me to when I get up that way :D:coffee::coffee::cool: Very nice pics!!!

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Nice pics, AGAIN,!!!! Thanks!! One of the shots gave me an idea for a future thread. ;):):):coffee::coffee::cool:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Picture from this morning crop tour. No more motorcycle photos for a while; going to change it up a bit. This guy was spraying Canola, probably for dessication just east of Calgary.

Planes
Sky Aircraft Monoplane Vehicle Airplane

These photos were from tonight's trip out into the serenity of rural life.

Trains

Ecoregion Natural environment Land lot Natural landscape Plant

And Automobiles!

No matter how bad your day has been, I guarrantee that this guy's day was worse than yours.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

This photo is from my assignment from my Photography instructor/mentor

Sky Bird Building Art Handwriting

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Land lot

Sky Land lot Handwriting Grass Art

Sky Plant Electricity Overhead power line Natural landscape

Sky Highland Plant Natural landscape Deer

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
Awesome Photos Troy!
Thanks for taking Us along for "The Ride".
When is Our Jackie Boy heading up that way, eh?
Mike U.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts