Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just came back from a cross-country road trip from Florida to Quebec Canada and Back on my RGU and I have a few observations:

1) We have the best touring bike on the planet!
This is not the first cross-country I do on a Harley, bit the first on a Road Glide.
I've been loving my RGU for the past two years since I bought it, but now that I took it to a real cross country road trip, it really shines.

2) the handling of this nike is unbelievable. from small twisty roads in Vermont and Quebec to long highway stretches going 80+mph. smooth as a baby's butt!

3) the RGU gets respect on the road. cagers notice you and behave accordingly , whether its pitch black at night or rainy day. this thing has presence!

4) doing stage one (V&H power dual, Hi output, SERT and AC) defiantly make the engine run cooler. not once have I heard the dreaded knocking and pinging on a hot day. and I was going for several day on the way up at the Virginia/DC area in 105-110 degrees two weeks ago.

On the way back I had to come a day earlier, so I had to go in one day from Virginia to Florida and spent 10 hours in the saddle (stock) on I-95. it was great, I could have even gone longer (if really pressed)

This was an awesome ride.

Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
I tell my friends that don't have a RGU that riding my bike on the freeway at 85 mph is boring. And I mean that in the best sense of the word - no drama, no hassles - just smooth easy miles ticking off the odometer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tell my friends that don't have a RGU that riding my bike on the freeway at 85 mph is boring. And I mean that in the best sense of the word - no drama, no hassles - just smooth easy miles ticking off the odometer.
Very very true. The smoothest yet powerful ride ever...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts