Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys needing ur input on this serious problem with my 2000 RG FLTRI... Got bike out of shop after putting new ECM on it runs great lay back put cruise on ride about 20 miles hit break to disengage cruise and it pegs out and WE ARE OFF :eek: .... so now i am trying to hang on, swerve traffic and get this bike shut down with out blowing engine....break not disengaging????? power button not disengaging??? finally just have to turn bike off and coast to stop on side of rd.....NOW once i got my butt cheeks to let go of the seat disconnected cruise cable and wire tied it up and got a hold of shop...Now every time i hook cable back up pegs out again looks like it is stuck wide open. OK so now here is my question... 1...WTF 2... shouldn't there be some kind of safety cut off that wont allow this to happen 3..... where should i start looking at to fix this prob??... Although i prob wont EVER use the cruise again :)

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Did it do it before the ECM was replaced? If not then it would seem that it is a ECM problem and I would take the bike back to the dealer that did the work on the bike.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I wonder if your set/resume switch isn't stuck?? If you hold it the one direction the bike will accelerate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts