Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I might be up for ride out to Beaumont, Bill. What do you have in mind? You coming with a group, wives, what?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna meet up with some fellow non-sharkies @ the Owasso McDonalds on 76th st north and leave @ 8am..gonna cruise over on HWy 20 to Skiatook then Hwy 11 up to 99 into Ks and then 400 to Beaumont...Eat lunch at the Beaumont Hotel probably around 11:30 or 12 noon anyone is welcome...wives..g/f or both!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
You guys suck!!!!.....I will be at 3 on 3 soccer tournament all weekend..lucky me!!!! ....hmmmmm....might be time to break out the rain dance.....lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rain Dance--------------that would make all the OLD farts that I am riding with stay home, already had 1 cancel today sheesh!! Riding rain or shine in the morning.....unless it is storming up north of here...then just head SOUTH!!!!! Going riding no matter what.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Wife's got to work today, but I'll see if I can head that way and meet you for lunch.

Of course, since you're already on the road, you won't likely see this, which means I'm now rambling on only to myself. I'll stop now.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wife's got to work today, but I'll see if I can head that way and meet you for lunch.

Of course, since you're already on the road, you won't likely see this, which means I'm now rambling on only to myself. I'll stop now.
I'm listening Jay ... not that it does you any good ... but at least you're not talking to yourself. :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a good ride today.....Hwy 11 and hwy 99 was a lot better than the roads in central Ok...had really great views and curvy road. Once into Ks it kinda went straight...go figure.
Jay showed up and ate lunch with us. The hotel is pretty cool and they have Live band and BBG every 4th Sat of each month....looks like they have a great turnout of bikers an planes that show up.
Really cool to see the small planes roll up the main street and park at the hotel for food.
Here's a couple of pics I took...1 of Jay cruising on the great Ks roads beside me and the other of the group I rode with and Jays bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hey Bill, good seeing you today. I can't believe I've never been to that place. Very cool. I'm definitely gonna get back there when they have live music, and maybe a fly in.

I had a great ride home. After I headed off on highway 160, I figured I had some time to kill, so I turned off on some county roads and purposefully got myself lost. There're some surprisingly good roads in the back country of Cowley County.

Once I got back into Wichita I stopped at my favorite cheap-ass tool store, Harbor Freight, and I spotted an old Gold Wing that's set up so that someone in a wheelchair can ride it. No kidding! I'll post a couple of pics in another thread. It's crude, but pretty creative.

Cheers. -Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts