Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for a cup holder to mount somewhere on my 2016 RGS. I would like to be able to ride with an iced coffee.
Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I've been using the barefoot willies cupholder for years. not for iced coffee, but I use a double walled insulated cup and ice water. the ice lasts for a good long while, usually top it off at each gas stop when on the road. you do not want to get dehydrated, trust me on this.

never seen it as a distraction, easy enough to reach without having to take your eyes off the road. and if i'm in the middle of some white knuckle stuff, drinking water is not at the top of my priority list.

https://www.barefootwillies.com/Barefoot-Willies-Cool-Rider-Motorcycle-Cup-Holder-s/1817.htm

you can sorta see it here on my left side handlebar:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I too have the Kruzer Kaddy. It is ok, but I find that most of my coffee travel mugs are either too fat or too tall. As WTFranz mentioned, they also tend to tip over quite a bit and you'll either make a mess all over your bike/hand/leg or just dump the entire mug onto the ground (has happened to me twice). Mostly I just use it for a water bottle holder or a place to put my sunglasses when getting on/off my gear.

I used to have quick drinks of beverages while at stop lights etc, but since I went from a modular to a full face helmet, that is not in the cards. I might try one of those leather saddlebag guard holders with an insulated straw bottle.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
This one is more for a passenger, but thought I'd post anyway. Neat drink holder we found on our ride out west last summer. I posted it once here but made the mistake of posting w/ the name. Everyone got so distracted by the name the thread went kind of downhill . . ... : )

Big Red's LLC - Biker Babe Beverage Bra

·
Registered
893 Posts
I went with the cheap version - "Snap & Go Drink Holder" from J&P Cycles; J&P Part: 502-029. Holds a quart water bottle or a tall cup of coffee in a koozie without tipping. After 50k miles, 3 years in the Arizona sun and 2 more over here a piece broke and I replaced it with the exact same thing. I highly recommend this holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got two of them at the Daytona bike week from Ciro3d.com very nice products they have two types i got one of each. They fit the bike well i can use my large Yeti thermo cup and also got one with a plastic net to hold bottles or cans love them. There easy installls fit the bike great best i found less then 50 bucks each.

https://www.ciro3d.com/products

·
Registered
573 Posts
I got two of them at the Daytona bike week from Ciro3d.com very nice products they have two types i got one of each. They fit the bike well i can use my large Yeti thermo cup and also got one with a plastic net to hold bottles or cans love them. There easy installls fit the bike great best i found less then 50 bucks each.

https://www.ciro3d.com/products
I don't have speaker pods. Do you think adding one w/o the pods would crack the TP?

·
Registered
820 Posts
i swear by the hogtrough set up it replaces your lower compartment covers with locking lids with a large cup holder with inserts and even a large sippie cup comes with it. i got the set with both right and left locking covers it's a little more expensive but i think with the extra secure storage it supplys is worth it.
here is the link for the holder 2014-2017 Twin Cooled or http://www.hogtrough.com/

Reactions: jjohns97

·
Registered
927 Posts
replaces your lower compartment covers with locking lids with a large cup holder with inserts.
2014-2017 Twin Cooled or http://www.hogtrough.com/
OP said he had an RGS, so assuming no lowers, but Hogtrough also has a model that attaches to the down tube.
The foam that Hogtrough provides for use with smaller diameter drinks/cups is too thick to use with the cup I prefer which is a cheap $10 Home Depot Fake Yeti cup. I wrapped it with an improvised coozie with the bottom cut out so as not to rattle in the holder. When I'm feeling industrious I could use a thinner foam and attach it to the "cage" and get rid of the coozie, but it works so well now, why bother? The cup that comes with it works pretty good too, but my cup holds more liquid.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've got a cheap bicycle water bottle and holder. When I need it, I zip tie the holder to the bars. Works well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a chrome bar mount holder but I mounted it to my engine guard between my tank and faring. Holds all size cups. Does not tip and it is out of the way when riding and not drinking. I mainly us a thermos type drink container with a pop up straw keeps the ice a little longer and the flip up straw does not splatter my coffee if I drink on the move

1 - 16 of 16 Posts