Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have the Ciro, but barely use it, I can keep a cold drink in the bag and sip at the next stop if needed, I have Installed the GTS radio and no longer have the phone on the bars. I really like the clean look of nothing on the bars.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS, HD 131 Kit, V&H 550, Heavy Breather, Yaffe 12" Bars
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Actually, that’s an incorrect statement. I do approve of them completely and without hesitation. The fact that I haven’t used one and am a bit uncomfortable with figuring out how to drink while riding....that only pertains to me, and for me. Thank you.
Ah, ok. I was wrong (like usual) and stand corrected, sorry. I mainly use them for transport, at stoplights, or with a straw when to stay hydrated when I rode in the SW in summer.

Imagine running to get a lunch combo from your local grub spot that comes with a fountain drink and you'll see the attraction.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I’ve ran mine up to triple digits with my yeti cup in it and it’s held on just fine.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I didnt want something attached to the bars, too in the way, and looks terrible.

Some time ago I bought a cupholder from Hog Trough that was attached to the right side lower door. But it was too big for the cup I like to use, so I bought a leather cupholder from Captain Itch, removed the holder part from the mount, drilled an extra hole in the door, and mounted it to the door. Works very well, and holds my Starbucks thermal cup very well. It's one of the few cups that will work with this setup because a taller cup will hit the wind blocker attached to the fairing.

If you want to look at the Hog Trough setup, its here: Store – HogTrough, I didnt buy the whole package, if you talk to them, you can just order the door setup for much less money.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS, HD 131 Kit, V&H 550, Heavy Breather, Yaffe 12" Bars
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I didnt want something attached to the bars, too in the way, and looks terrible.

Some time ago I bought a cupholder from Hog Trough that was attached to the right side lower door. But it was too big for the cup I like to use, so I bought a leather cupholder from Captain Itch, removed the holder part from the mount, drilled an extra hole in the door, and mounted it to the door. Works very well, and holds my Starbucks thermal cup very well. It's one of the few cups that will work with this setup because a taller cup will hit the wind blocker attached to the fairing.

If you want to look at the Hog Trough setup, its here: Store – HogTrough, I didnt buy the whole package, if you talk to them, you can just order the door setup for much less money.

View attachment 423810
Very creative solution -- I like it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm not a fan of cup holders on handlebars......I have the Chubby Cups installed on my rear saddle bag guard.....that way when I stop, I can hydrate....

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
210 Posts

Dont mind the garage, it’s a work in progress.

·
Registered
2020Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
79 Posts
Dont mind the garage, it’s a work in progress.
Thanks for the pictures. That is what I had in mind. I just wanted to be sure.
Your garage looks a lot like mine. Mine is normally somewhere between organized chaos and and a complete disaster. LOL

·
Registered
2020Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
79 Posts
I'm not a fan of cup holders on handlebars......I have the Chubby Cups installed on my rear saddle bag guard.....that way when I stop, I can hydrate....
Placing a cup holder on the saddlebag guard is an idea I've never thought of. Can you share a picture?

·
Registered
171 Posts
If Ciro is lurking on this thread: My wife loves the drink holder which mounts to the tour pak-speaker pod area. I think the next logical step in your drink holders would be ....wait for it..... lighted LED drink holders. o_O There's a light for darned near everything on a Harley, but we're having to endure (languish even) drink holders which just sit there quietly. C'mon man!.....:geek:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I wedge a water bottle between bag lid and frame.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If You don't like cluttering Your Handlebars Harley has this.
Mike U.
This right here.

Hanging crap from the bars looks terrible, and it's in the way when things start happening quickly. This thing with an insulated bottle works perfectly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the leather tool bag and water bottle holder that goes on the saddlebag guard. Holds my Mt Dew within easy reach. And the wife has her drink in one on the other side. It also holds all my tools and keeps the sun screen handy as well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts