Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know i have been on different sites , and have my own opinions .....conventional synthetic? oil, primary , transmission ? non ethanol,ethanol>>>>gas treatment >>>>just curious to hear on thee forum , the shark tank what the consensus is >>>>proven performance ....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If there was non-ethanol gas available here, I would use it! For the rest - there are a billion threads about oils and lubes, if you do a search on whatever fluid you are interested in you can spend the rest of the day reading about Brand X is the best and Brand Y makes my bike run so much better.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep dont i know , just thought would be interesting to see what the tank members do ..... one build a guy used rotella , and put over 122+ on it ....so just thought i would see , and weather folks were using gear lube , ATF ...etc....

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run non-ethanol fuel any time I can find it, which isn't very often any more, but seem to pick up several mpg when I can. Aside from that, I let the dealer do the 1000 mile service with HD oils, but from here on I'll be using nothing but Amsoil products in the Glide with either Amsoil or K&N filters!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Shell / Chevron gas when possible
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20 w 50 in the motor
Mobil 1 synthetic 75 / 140 in tranny
Formula + in primary

·
Registered
257 Posts
Redline all the way

Redline 20-60
Redline Shockproof Heavy Duty
Redline MTL

Big difference in my opinion. I can find neutral now.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just did my 1000 with amsoil a lot of people around here use it. My brother uses it in his 131 ci engine and it has done well in that monster At 11:1 compression

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
HD Syn3 in all 3 holes. And usually Shell 93 octane.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Mobil1 15w-50 in the motor
Mobil1 80-90w in the trans and primary

Got the TTS tuned to run on 89 octane

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just had the '08 serviced at an Indy in southwest Indiana...I ran 20W50 in the motor and primary and 75W90 in the tranny (all Amsoil) on my '08 FatBob...

This indy has me runnin 20W50 in the motor and 75W110 in the tranny (Amsoil) and they recommended Drag Specialties Primary Fluid...first time runnin the 75W110 and the Drag S fluid...we shall see...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Mobil 1...............Mobil 1 V-Twin 20 w 50 in the motor & Primary
Mobil 1 synthetic 75 / 140 in tranny

·
Registered
958 Posts
Amsoil or Mobil 1, both are excellent synthetics............

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
It all depends on what I have been drinking :D

Seriously for me its:
Engine = Mobil 1 V Twin 20/50
Trans = Spectro Platinum
Primary = HD + (Except for this time I ran out when doing the service on Sunday and with no dealers open I opted to put in the above Mobil 1 20/50 - So far so good)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts