Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike in July. Took it to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, and my home state. But it has not gotten much use this year.

Added the Bung King Risers with some narrow motorcross bars, heated grips, put corbin off my 2013 on it, finally did a stage 1 FM RTX and Ness 65* air cleaner and a power vision with an FM map until I get the cam put in. Tour Pak getting read to be mounted (unforseen issues with my Corbin seat) next. Then it'll be on to the stereo and such.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You are making great progress with your upgrades. I love it

Reactions: Ceez

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Email FM with what cam and the rest of your mods. The will send you the tune for your new cam flash the tune put new cam in and ride away . It will run fine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Love the bars!

Reactions: Ceez

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That last picture angle is cool. Looks like a hot rod. Wait till you put those cams in.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That last picture angle is cool. Looks like a hot rod. Wait till you put those cams in.
I was trying to get a dent angle to show off the pipe. The stretched bag kind of gets in teh way. But the pipes is pretty unique looking for a 2 into 1 with the longer heat shield on the muffler portion of it. It's not quite a hot rod yet but it will be soon. The stage one gave it a little more, but not enough...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Ken6217 it is a Corbin gunfighter, heated with drivers backrest and an unfriendly passenger portion. Picked up on FB many years ago for a song. It locks to the bike instead of utilizing a thumb screw which was great until I went to put a tour pack rack on it and realized the seat is too long and tall for the rack to fit. For me it's super comfy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@hawk06Glide the bar setup is by far the most comfortable I have had on a Road Glide. This is my fourth Road Glide. First had 14" apes which were way too wide for my taste. Second glide I still have with 17" Carlini apes which are pretty damn comfortable. I bought that glide off this forum 7 years ago from a guy who was 6'7". I'm 5'8". I looked at the bars and it almost killed the deal. But I bought rode it home and in 106000 miles have not felt the need to change the bars, even at my stature. My third glide had 10" Chizeled Harley apes, uncomfortable as hell for me. way too low. Sold that bike as I bought it a few months later. And now this 2019 with 14" Bung King Risers and Big Al's low rise narrow bars. 28" wide, 2.5" rise for a total of 16.5" rise. But the narrowness of the bars combined with the minimal amount of pullback which keeps my knuckles pointed almost perfectly forward is what makes the biggest difference in comfort for me. I Feel more control, and although I have to provide a little extra inut on the bars for cornering due to their narrow width, I can put my feet up on the highwya oegs and my back is perfectly rested against my drivers backrest.

On my 2013 with the 17" apes which are 36" wide, I can barely get my back to hit the drivers backrest no matter how far back I set the apes. Anyway, tanks for the compliment and keep the shiny side up. Here's to more mods and more riding. IT's pouring rain right now but it warmed up to over 5 today. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I can get out again for a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd really like to go to 14" RWD's in the rear to replace my 13" and a +2" front end with gold fork tubes and some sort of cartridges, but I think the cam and maybe a stereo will be it for me for this year. Time will tell. But I'm happy with how it's progressing. Oh yeah, and getting the tour pack solid mounted which is already here. Which will really ruin the look, but I don't care, it's use far outweighs it's old man look's.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
@Ken6217 it is a Corbin gunfighter, heated with drivers backrest and an unfriendly passenger portion. Picked up on FB many years ago for a song. It locks to the bike instead of utilizing a thumb screw which was great until I went to put a tour pack rack on it and realized the seat is too long and tall for the rack to fit. For me it's super comfy.
Seems often what looks like a great idea turns a round and causes more issues. Bike looks great. No doubt that color is sharp . So much for boring ole Black ones.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,310 Posts
I'd really like to go to 14" RWD's in the rear to replace my 13" and a +2" front end with gold fork tubes and some sort of cartridges, but I think the cam and maybe a stereo will be it for me for this year. Time will tell. But I'm happy with how it's progressing. Oh yeah, and getting the tour pack solid mounted which is already here. Which will really ruin the look, but I don't care, it's use far outweighs it's old man look's.
Bike is looking killer. Adding the TP wont really ruin the look just change it. I think that is the biggest reason people like the quick detach is that they can change their look in seconds but I get your reasoning for wanting solid mount. I look forward to seeing how your cam and stereo upgrades (y)

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Do you not want to go the route of the quick detach option on the tour pak? I'm not exactly a fan of the looks with a tour pak all the time and going quick detach with locks is awesome for me. Matter of fact I just added a King tour pak along with my existing chopped pak. yeah yeah yeah, I know....."You have two tour paks?? Yep!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not looking for a detachable tour pack. I'm not into putting it on and taking it off. It's usefulness far outweighs it's added bulk and old man looks. Detachable tour packs will ALWYAS start to rattle, can be more easily stolen (a friend back in the city had his stolen) and are a hassle (to me) to put on and take off. I agree that the looks of the pack will change the killer character of my ride, but I'll deal with it. Functionality over vanity, right along the lines of the style of my bike.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,428 Posts
Would a Kury Tour Pak relocator not solve that issue? I added their adjustable one as my TP was hitting my Saddleman, but now I just push it back and problem is solved.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts