Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a video of my blue printed Skunk Worrks engine build at Pro Twin Performance in Winder GA. This dude is pretty smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
That was a great video with some good explanation. It’d be great to throw a leg over that build. I wonder if it’d void the warranty 😜.

Reactions: freedom1974

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys can follow him on You Tube. Kevin Baxter. He has tons of Harley tech videos. Pretty sharp dude. Bike has been there since July 10th. The Covid 19 pandemic has killed the parts supply in the power sports industry. I also had a Baker Grudge box installed. Bike should be done in the next couple weeks hopefully.

·
Administrator
10,681 Posts
So that's your motor , been following him a while , you will see JtB comments in his videos .. When he started the membership thingy , was one of the first to join it .. I found out about him from Brewiz , he built a 113 for Mike and did the Baker upgrade a couple years ago ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that's your motor , been following him a while , you will see JtB comments in his videos .. When he started the membership thingy , was one of the first to join it .. I found out about him from Brewiz , he built a 113 for Mike and did the Baker upgrade a couple years ago ..

JtB
Yes that is my engine. I took it to him because of 2 noises that no one could fix. The transmission was hosed and the crank was not exactly true anymore. So I said screw it and decided to do a complete build. It has been a long process like I said before. Hopefully it will be worth it when it is done. I have had horrible luck with HD engines. I banking on this one to last or I will be buying a different brand motorcycle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here is a link to a video of my blue printed Skunk Worrks engine build at Pro Twin Performance in Winder GA. This dude is pretty smart

Great build first Step when I did my 107 build was bottom end went to Darkhorse for a complete bottom service 2k best money I spent out of entire build good move Am a fan of Kevin‘s my new 2020 RG S stage 2 and I am done.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result; I'm sure it will be worth the wait and the $$

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great build first Step when I did my 107 build was bottom end went to Darkhorse for a complete bottom service 2k best money I spent out of entire build good move Am a fan of Kevin‘s my new 2020 RG S stage 2 and I am done.
The price on the bottom end has went up. Mine was 2600. Might be because of the difference between the TC and M8. Who knows. I left the balanced on the crank. Kevin said if I wasn’t going to drag race it there was know reason to eliminate it. It will probably never see the rev limiter because I don’t ride that way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As I watch the extensive list of build components add this all up this had to be 10 k out of pocket. My 107 build, darkhorse,Fueling,HPI,propipe,power vision done with 25 k on the OD heads were left stock 7500.00 dollars after 17000 worry free and really fun miles decided to trade.8500 to 10,000 was my best trade price just laughed.Finally found a real dealer serious about business got 12 k for my trade on a tax basis worth 13500 on paper.These builds are awesome and do deliver.Kevin and this owner clearly show that to drop a big inch build on a stock foundation is a mistake.I needed to trade my 2010 to help with the down payment I love this 2020 Roadglide S at 63 years old I would rather do mild upgrades that Kevin discusses in other videos save the 10 k for the next bike. One note I ran the Baker attitude adjuster for 10000 miles took it out went back to stock a pain adjusting every 5000 miles.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I watch the extensive list of build components add this all up this had to be 10 k out of pocket. My 107 build, darkhorse,Fueling,HPI,propipe,power vision done with 25 k on the OD heads were left stock 7500.00 dollars after 17000 worry free and really fun miles decided to trade.8500 to 10,000 was my best trade price just laughed.Finally found a real dealer serious about business got 12 k for my trade on a tax basis worth 13500 on paper.These builds are awesome and do deliver.Kevin and this owner clearly show that to drop a big inch build on a stock foundation is a mistake.I needed to trade my 2010 to help with the down payment I love this 2020 Roadglide S at 63 years old I would rather do mild upgrades that Kevin discusses in other videos save the 10 k for the next bike. One note I ran the Baker attitude adjuster for 10000 miles took it out went back to stock a pain adjusting every 5000 miles.
I am glad you had good luck with your build. Hopefully I will also. I plan on keeping the bike forever. If I ever buy a new bike this one will still be in the garage next to it. I got my soul and my retirement in it at this point lol.

·
Administrator
10,681 Posts
Kevin has been 2600 for the crank for sometime now ..
I am happy with the 103 as far as displacement goes , don't need more cubes .. I am at 75000 and when it grenades either me or Kevin will do it , debated letting him do the crank and me do the rest , but the other side says let him do it .. You probably threw a big chunk at the blueprint ,, and my 103 with some maybe some mild head work would be nice .. In the long run a stock or mild built blueprint would be the way to go for me ..
I'm 63 also , I can hurt myself pretty good with what I have ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kevin has been 2600 for the crank for sometime now ..
I am happy with the 103 as far as displacement goes , don't need more cubes .. I am at 75000 and when it grenades either me or Kevin will do it , debated letting him do the crank and me do the rest , but the other side says let him do it .. You probably threw a big chunk at the blueprint ,, and my 103 with some maybe some mild head work would be nice .. In the long run a stock or mild built blueprint would be the way to go for me ..
I'm 63 also , I can hurt myself pretty good with what I have ..

JtB
Sent to Darkhorse for balance trued plugged and welded with the race series rods. Also has the Timken bearing conversion .

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your flyin wheels and crank with their rods ??

JtB
Yes. Kevin said getting their actual Man O War crank assembly is impossible and would take forever. It took 2 months just to get them to get it done the way it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts