Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking for a cell phone mount where I did not have to mount to the handle bars. I liked the idea of the Road Tech zumo Handlebar Mount but was not sure if I would like the position. What to do, what to do. Well I decided to throw a small billet in the lathe and turn one out. Total cost was only my garage time. It turned out pretty good for a first try.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Wow! Nice job

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started drawing it up in CAD, I'll send it off to my Uncle and see if he can get some made up. Left and right sided.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Well I have been looking for a cell phone mount where I did not have to mount to the handle bars. I liked the idea of the Road Tech zumo Handlebar Mount but was not sure if I would like the position. What to do, what to do. Well I decided to throw a small billet in the lathe and turn one out. Total cost was only my garage time. It turned out pretty good for a first try.

Looks Good

I'd buy one if I was in the market for one

Swomack

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is the stock HD screw. I just removed the lock washer and thru on some lock tight. I know I can make the bracket thinner but not sure on how much.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Is it better to use both screws or due to its shape it locks itself into position somehow with the clamp ? Can a longer screw be used and I see from the clamp it's for the Rushmore model pictures or can it fit a pre-rushmore bike as well ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I need one too!

Is it better to use both screws or due to its shape it locks itself into position somehow with the clamp ? Can a longer screw be used and I see from the clamp it's for the Rushmore model pictures or can it fit a pre-rushmore bike as well ?
Great Job Alcyone2!
Having installed a couple GPS & replaced OEM black control housings with chrome I have stripped the housing when using OEM length bolts. Without a lock washer the single attachment point will also drop. If you go to production, I would suggest a redesign with two anchor points, it will be much less vibration. This would require longer bolts.

I'm interested in a right hand model.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not to high jack, but I have been also playing around with a phone mount. I made a mount that connects to the Madstad mounting bolts. Nice but my phone tends to flake out during hot days.

And yes I an still in the playing phase...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts